TTE Kitted '03 Toyota Corolla T Sport

Rich

I think bronze is the way to go, I hadn't even thought of that colour before and they will hide the dirt well. Just need to get the wheels now, hopefully that will be soon ;)

Same here, not a colour I've really come across/thought about, but it looks great!

Β 

The more I look at it the more I like it and I think it will look even better once I've got the rear windows tinted, which will be soon.

Β 

Should be paying for my rims soon but I won't be getting them sprayed until the end of the year when the winter wheels go back on. There is still some tread to use on the wheels I'm buying so might as well run them for the summer first.

Β 

These are the rims, Rota Battle in 17".

Β 

battle_2.jpg

Thought you was going gun metal :lol:

Β 

Changed my mind after seeing bronze....just paid for the wheels, hopefully be here Friday. Just need to get them past the missus now! :(

Β 

Also need spigot rings and locking nuts. I think the alloy nuts from my Mondeo fit the Toyota, they have the same thread, so hopefully I won't need new ones of those.

I've bumped into the 2nd owner of the car on OJC. He also lives in the next town in Essex to where I used to live, small world!! :) It seems he had an HKS custom made backbox on it but it was too loud and putting buyers off so it was replaced for a standard one! :)

Thought you was going gun metal :)

Rich wants gold or bronze...so i said bronze...

Β 

If it was ME i would go for gunmetal.. :)

Β 

I do like the gold and white but they will make the car too noticeable, which I don't want.

Β 

Black just looks crap on blue and gunmetal is good but the bronze does look better I think. If I had it dark it should be closer in looks to the gunmetal anyway.

The wheels arrived, they're gonna need a refurb, kerbed quite bad. Two of the tyres are on the limit so I'm gonna have to replace them, was hoping to get a 1000 miles or so out of them. Not sure what to do now as I didn't wanna replace the tyres until after they had been refurbished. The other 2 tyres I'll get a couple of thousand out of. Need to try and measure the centre bore first so I can get the right spigot rings and then decide what to do.

This is the worse wheel. The spokes stick out past the tyre wall so could easily be caught by the kerb but I guess it's more to do with how careful you are. There also seems to be lots of stone chips on the sides of the spokes so maybe the paint job weren't that great to start with. I'm not sure whether to leave them as they are for now, spray them with that plastidip (either white or black) and get them refurbed in the winter or do them now. I'm gonna have to replace 2 tyres regardless.

Β 

rota_battle_01.jpg

Β 

rota_battle_02.jpg

Β 

Also changed the pollen filter yesterday, my 20p ebay bargain (had a £5 code) and the old one was minging!!

Β 

corolla_pollen_filter.jpg

Nice rims whatever colour u go for, i reckon dark wheels can make a car look "Hard" if that makes sense.

Β 

Cheers, I got them for £100 and that included the £28 courier fee.

Β 

Yes I agree about darker colours making cars look hard, that's why I liked the shadow chrome on the Mondeo with blackeyed headlights and black grille...looked mean! :)

I might have to rethink about getting them refurbished now, it's going to be £192, which on top of tyres is too much. DIY job in black or white might be the way to go...

See the other thread about that :o I'm definitely gonna try this just not sure on what colour now as I was liking the bronze. Although that gold seems darker than others I've seen.

the gold metaliser is just a clearcoat with gold flake in it, to get the look he has on the wheel you need a black base first, he used 3 black then a few gold till he got the colour he wanted from memory. I saw the plastidip thread when it started ive been looking at all the different uses since :o

the gold metaliser is just a clearcoat with gold flake in it, to get the look he has on the wheel you need a black base first, he used 3 black then a few gold till he got the colour he wanted from memory. I saw the plastidip thread when it started ive been looking at all the different uses since :)

Β 

Is that clearcoat on their website as I can't see it or is it a custom one?

Β 

Edit - I see it's on the US website.

The problem with using a base coat and then metaliser is that you cant touch it up easily if you scratch the wheel .....and you will scratch it.

Β 

That's true, hadn't thought of that. Who says I'm going to scratch the wheels though :)

Β 

I have my spigot rings now so going to trial fit 2 of them on one side so I can do a proper photoshop to change the colour.

I got a stonechip on my freshly refurbed wheels within 100 miles :D It will happen , I'm not suggesting you will kerb them but wheels have a hard life

Β 

Yeah chips from stones and potholes are unavoidable, did a couple of the Mondeo wheels but I never kerbed them! :)