Autumn is definitely here...

andyelcomb

Yep, here's proof that autumn is well and truly here. The cat chases these and eats the the Daddy Longlegs, but the question is - what is your preferred method of dealing with an interloper when you want a bath? I expect Tony might be good for emulating the chap in the recent Funny photo.... :thumbsup_anim:

100_6901.jpg

100_6900.jpg

100_6900-1.jpg

I will try and get a high res macro shot of a spider that i kicked out of out bathroom a few weeks ago. he has now made a wed outside... but hes Fing HUGE!

1) hoover - its fun but you do feel them get sucked up the hose

2) glass and a bit of paper

3) pick up with hand and throw out window - it wont bite!

4) alcohol and lighter, makes for a flamed filled running session (for the spider)

I can't understand why you are all so keen to kill spiders.

They are your friends, in that they hunt down and kill all the other creepy crawlies that would otherwise infest your home.

They don't do you any harm - leave them alone.

Mind you, they are a bit thick. I lifted the same one out of the bath several times last week - you would think they would learn not to go there.

They are your friends, in that they hunt down and kill all the other creepy crawlies that would otherwise infest your home.

Mind you, they are a bit thick. I lifted the same one out of the bath several times last week - you would think they would learn not to go there.

top man :thumbsup_anim:

please take note of option 2&3 in my first post.

spiders (most) dont bite, so all they do is crawl really fast around your hands.

I usually pick them up and throw them outside. Picked up a big one the other day, opened the back door and threw it out. One of the resident Robins was in the air and had it in its beak the moment it landed ...absolutely amazing to see.

Here's why you shouldn't kill them.

A common garden spider, the Araneus Diadematus, tucking up a wasp in preparation for dinner.

20110930-Diadematus02.jpg

Taken in my garden at about 6 p.m. today.

It seems to have been a very good year for the Diadematus. Not only are they around in large numbers, but many of them have grown much larger than usual. There must be plenty of food about.