Diesel Clio NSR uneven tyre wear

Evening chaps, been working abroad for the last few months. :D

While I was away my girlfriend has been using my Clio to get her around and it's developed a fault. She's adamant that she hasn't hit anything!!!

So it's a 2005 1.5l diesel Renault Clio with rear end issues.

Basically the rear end 'feels' disconnected from the chassis, when you go over bumps it feels as if it shakes from side to side rather than go up and down. The NSR tyre is wearing quicker than the OSR and it's also wearing The outside shoulder of the tyre. When going round bumpy right hand corners the rear end slides out and then grips when the Tarmac is smooth again.

I've taken it to my local garage and they had a good look round it and can't find anything wrong with it.

The car tracks straight and true and doesn't pull even when braking.

Hope Tony and the WIM team can fix it as I've booked it in With them on Monday at 11am. Can't wait actually as it'll be my first proper geo/alignment done ever. :)

Welcome back to the UK.....

Reads like there's a bad toe issue... Looking from above it has this condition | \ or | / or \ / and so on.... Off the bump the opposing tyre will momentarily rear steer. On older versions of the Clio had issues with the roller bearings in the rear radius arms, a design flaw laboured the bearings tapering them allowing excessive camber.

The later Clio has a beam/ hub rather than a radius arm, problem her is the beam can move ( road trauma ) good news is the beam can be moved back :D

Well had my alignment checked and all was fine, a bit out at the front but no biggie. So the advice was to replace the tyre. It no longer slides over the bumpy parts but the rear end still doesn't feel quite right.

The cars done 70k miles so do I replace all the bushes and dampers to see if that firms things up?

• 3 weeks later...