Insurance

Insurance costs the Earth anyway, but if you modify the car, wheels/ sat nav/ suspension and so on have you confessed this to the insurance company? if yes then how much has each additional modification cost you to cover?

IS300 with current mods as listed: £475 thats with max protected NCB and 3 points. They've quoted me £1200 up to 550bhp with the full FI conversion. Thru Adrian Flux.

MR2 with mods as listed (ahrmmmm, most at least) £550 thru AON

• 1 month later...

Jap, how do you deal with NCB on 2 cars? My understanding is you can only use them on one car, which is on my MR2 at the moment but my company recently insured my Civic Type R claiming the same NCB?

Oh, and to answer the question my insurers know about the obvious ones, springs, wheels, exhaust. Things like ECU / Downpipe / Chargecooler i won't bother with.

Oh, and they think my motorbike is totally standard (they wouldn't insure me when i hinted i'd put a straight through race can on)

IS 200 with all mods declared £650, before any mods were fitted it was about £350 full NCB

Starlet gt turbo various mods £350 (limited mileage 5000) 0% NCB!!

NCB can be used on more than one car, i have three policies that have eminated from 1NCB

they did draw a limit on the starlet for some reason :D

My IS200 I declared the suspension, exhaust and supercharger, but not the ARB's and de-catted manifold.

As for my MR2, I havent declared anything! The 2-way LSD and lightened flywheel wont be detectable, suspension and exhaust possible, but will they know what is standard for a 1990 Jap import?

As for me turning the boost up a little..... how would they know!

Who are AON?

Are there any companys other than Adrian Flux that will insure you on BHP rather than listing 2 pages full of mods?

I pay £1,500 fully comp, 22 with 2 years no claims. Will be 22 with 3yrs in June. Lots of mods, most declared, I drive a Toyota Glanza V. But I have forged items on the way with new turbo, looking at 250bhp and over, so I am looking into insuring on BHP rather than mods.

Jap, how do you deal with NCB on 2 cars? My understanding is you can only use them on one car, which is on my MR2 at the moment but my company recently insured my Civic Type R claiming the same NCB?

Zero NCB on the MR2 policy....I had to start from scratch :D

But they offered my a 25% discount as a sweetner :)

Who are AON?

AON is a broker who specialize in low annual milage and "classic" cars. The policy is with Sun Alliance.