Thinking about fitting HSD's

liner33

Thinking about fitting a set of these to my Evo 6, they seem to be getting good feedback on the forums but they seem a little cheap to be any good ,since the BC coilovers priced about the same dont have a good rep

Any knowledge of these , and would WIM be happy to fit them ??

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/

ive been riding HSD's for over a year on my mk2 mr2. They are a massive step up from the terrible (almost said shocking :wacko: ) K-sport coilovers i had before.

HSD seemed to know the mr2's weight and dynamics well enough to provide very apropriate spring rates first time round, this is a very rare level of service in my limited experience. Also for me where some ride comfort was of interest instead of the rock solid track coilovers, they got it all spot on, im very pleased to have bought them and would definatly reccomend them for fast street use. I havent used them on the track and i know there are people on here that know more about that side of things than me so i cant really comment on performance, but would suggest they are ok for track day much like any other uprated suspension typically can be.

We've never had any problems when we've fitted (the odd set of) BCs.

I know its weird the BC's are well regarded on Skylines however on Evos they start to knock very quickly , loads of unhappy Evo drivers on the MLR

there was an issue with the BC's within the mk2 mr2 community, the bc's droplink carrier which is fixed to the base of the assembly was too narrow and ill placed and would bend drop links at almost full lock. This was reported by those with more lowered cars, BC reviewed the issue "live" on the forum and offered replacement lower sections free of charge to any owner of the kit, irrespective of reciept or warranty.

I will try and find the thread if you want

this thread:

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/topic.html?f...rt=0&hilit=

some tit for tat untill page 2, 7 posts down is where it starts and page 6 i believe then a little progression through to the end of the thread.

there are other threads but this one best shows the issue part and what was done to rectify

when looking for parts for the mr2 there seems to be a lot of manufacturers jumping in with little or no R&D who simply broadly copy an existing product, without paying attention to the details and their reasons.

K-sport is a great example providing adjustable drop links, that dont lengthen to the required length and a drop link bracket that requires the link to be mounted externally which then provides the neccesity for even longer drop links. Also spring rates chosen from thin air with the logic that a much softer spring will provide better comfort, on a coilover with only 60mm total travel this is a very very bad idea.

however, HSD out of the box looked, felt and still perform as though they were designed for the mr2 and to do exactly what i had hoped they would.