Stupid stretch

Tony

165mm width tyre on a 195mm width wheel

post-2-1306353194.jpg

post-2-1306353213.jpg

post-2-1306353226.jpg

post-2-1306353239.jpg

post-2-1306353252.jpg

At the moment this is legal, technically it could fail an MOT as incorrectly fitted but technically it's not if the tyre is sealed. We fitted these tyre to a "show car", customer supplied the tyres..... I'm not to happy about this?

Should be banned full stop.!!!!!

A.To save the stupid people having these fitted "Coz it looks cool" and " its a craze" They will end up in a very serious accident.IMHO. :o

B.To help save others on the road who could end up on the wrong end of one of these "stupid idiots"

If the car makers wanted these cars to look like this then they would of made them when new...I have no problems with people modifying there cars like this (some look really good) but please keep them to the custom shows or club days out/shows ( fit them when they get there ) .....should be illegal on the road for safteys sake.

This gets discussed alot on some of the sites I mooch around on. There's no specific law against stretch besides some vague recommendations from the manufacturers which the police occasionally try to enforce as law. There was a bit of a saga on Driftworks when some lad with fairly mild stretch was hounded by the local fuzz.

There's going to be a new test point for the MOT regarding dangerous modifications that's bound to capture a few of these scene kids.