Team Falken

Tony

Donington Park, Castle Donington, UK – April 23, 2011 – Matt Carter in the Team Falken Nissan S14 earns a second place podium in the Super Pro Class while Alan Green takes a third place podium in the Pro Class. Paul Cheshire qualifies 5th in the Pro Class despite initial mechanical issues.

The pre-season saw a lot of time spent building new cars and developing existing cars to a higher competitive level for Team Falken.

Paul Cheshire steps into 2011 in a freshly built Nissan Skyline G35, running a 607bhp tuned 2JZ engine originally found in the Toyota Supra. Built to Paul's own high standards the G35 is set to be highly competitive and a fan favourite throughout the season.

Matt Carter is utilising a tried and tested Nissan S14 chassis which has been developed over several seasons competition. Matt too has opted for a Toyota motor, this time the 1JZ engine found in the Toyota Chaser, running an impressive 470bhp.

Alan Green is also sticking with a developed Nissan S14 chassis and running a tuned SR20 2.0 turbo engine, providing him with a consistent base upon which to start his 2011 campaign.

The drivers are backed and supported by sponsors Falken Tyre Europe, Pipercross, Japspeed, Artel, EPRacing, SuperPro HEL, RareRims, Garage-D, Protuner, Rota and Wheels in Motion, respectively.

Matt, Paul and Alan are all using the same tyre setup for the 2011 season with the Falken ZE912 being chosen for the front wheels due to their fantastic grip from cold and the Falken FK452 on the rear wheels for their high grip levels, predictability and durability under performance driving conditions.

The British Drift Championship played out an exciting and closely fought opening round of the 2011 season in front of thousands of drift and motorsport fans at the world famous Donington Park Circuit, UK. The event was staged over two days with the Friday playing host to shakedown and qualifying and the Saturday to the competition event. For 2011 the BDC have divided it's field of 84 drivers into three classes based on previous championship success. Team Falken drivers Paul Cheshire and Alan Green are to compete in the Pro Class, while Matt Carter competes in the Super Pro Class respectively. To add additional excitement to the mix the 4 Pro drivers who narrowly missed out on 2011 promotion to the Super Pro Class could earn the opportunity to move up a Class depending on their results from the initial rounds of the season.

Alan Green qualified in 12th position, whilst Paul Cheshire qualified 5th in the Pro class, despite having to use a borrowed car due to clutch problems. This would see Alan progress to the Top 16 competition whilst Paul was unable to continue in the competition due to being drawn against the competitor who's car he had borrowed! An unfortunate end to Paul's event however he still progresses on to Round 2 with points due to his high qualifying position.

Alan saw off strong competition from several competitors including Portuguese Drift Champion Jose Lopez and took a 3rd place finish in the Pro Class, allowing him to compete in the Super Pro Class Top 16. Consistent on-form driving from Alan saw him take 8th place in the Super Pro class also, meaning that should he finish in the Top 4 drivers at Round 2 he would move up to the prestigious Super Pro Class for the remainder of the season.

Matt Carter qualified in 2nd position in the Super Pro Class and remained consistent through the rounds advancing to the Finals against Mark Luney's SATS Cosworth Supra. After two closely fought runs the judges awarded Mark the win which meant Team Falken had attained their second podium of the event and also valuable points towards the Constructors/Team Championship, in which they now sit in third place.

"I am over the moon with coming second after all of the hard work that has gone into the car with no testing and not running a hundred percent" commented Matt Carter. "This result would not be possible with out my team friends and sponsors Falken, Garage-D, Wheels In Motion, Artel, EPRacing, Pipercross, Protuner and Japspeed. I am now looking forward to more testing and setting up for Round 2."

Alan Green added "Fantastic result for the team this weekend. A big thank you to all of my sponsors, family and friends. I'm aiming for the top spot at Norfolk Arena!"

"Im extremely happy to get out in the car for the first time, especially because less than two weeks ago it seemed almost like an impossible task to get it ready on time, financially and physically!" continues Paul Cheshire. "It would not have been possible without a final push from friends, family and sponsors, so I am deeply grateful and am in debt to them! The car exceeds all my expectations and after a few tweeks its just like being back in my previous S14. I feel its going to be a highly competitive car!"

The team can next be seen in action at Round 2 of the British Drift Championship at Norfolk Arena on May 21st-22nd. For further championship information visit: www.thebritishdriftchampionship.com

For high-resolution images please visit: www.drifted.com/team-falken-pr

For further Team Falken information visit: www.teamfalken.com

www.facebook.com/teamfalken

www.twitter.com/teamfalken

For more information contact: Jordan Butters

+447736276728

teamfalken@drifted.com

post-2-1304763980.jpg

post-2-1304763998.jpg