IMPORTANT - Please read.

Over the last couple of days spambots have been trying to log in with exisiting accounts, presumably trying common passwords. Several accounts have been locked from failed attempts (these are automatically open after 15 minutes) and they are using the ones for the most active users. Have any of you had problems logging in recently?

I'm am looking into this now and may have to close the forum for guests only so they can't see the usernames in the forums that are open to them. I am also looking at mass banning IP addresses from abroad.

Can I just remind everyone not to use a password that is the same or similar to your username or one that can be easily guessed like 12345, abcde etc.

That's good to read...someone tried logging into your account at 10:13am so it's probably only just been opened if you've just logged in. If anyone does have problems logging in give it 15 minutes before trying again as it's probaby locked. There should be no need to reset passwords or send reminders.

I've turned the forum off for guests for the time being, so everyone has to log in now to see usernames, it may be too late though for those that have already been on. If I can't find this mod to add known spam IP addresses automatically I've got to do it manually. There's at least 200 addresses to add ATM! B)

Just logged on myself and it wasn't the usual screen that i got up , but the one when you get i

f you make a mistake logging in ( may have been my fault from whenÂ

i closed down last night but was unusual anyway )

Just logged on myself and it wasn't the usual screen that i got up , but the one when you get i

f you make a mistake logging in ( may have been my fault from when

�

�i closed down last night but was unusual anyway )

They haven't targetted your account...it might be where I've disabled it for guests to view I think the login page is different.

f you make a mistake logging in ( may have been my fault from when

�

�i closed down last night but was unusual anyway )

They haven't targetted your account...it might be where I've disabled it for guests to view I think the login page is different.

No probs here........yet

Just checked...with the setting turned off to allow guests to view the forum it takes you to the default login page. If the setting is turned on it will show you the forum homepage and you can login at the top if that's the way you normally do it?

That's good to read...someone tried logging into your account at 10:13am

That's pretty scary - well if I come on here swearing and screaming then at least now I can blame it on the spambots B) :o

It's nothing to worry about, none of them have succeeded yet so you must all have good passwords :) If they do get in they would just fill the forum with spam posts but I'm keeping a very close eye on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you know I have now sorted this problem. I have made some edits so it now checks the IP's of those trying to login and if they're known to be spammers they are blocked. I've been checking it for the last week and spammers are no longer trying to login :blink: