Gaz coilovers

e4tnu

:angry2:

Just a little bit of feedback, it’s been two weeks since I had my Gaz coilovers fitted on my MX5 and I think it fair to say I am more than happy with the way my cars handling has improved it takes the undulations and adverse cambers much more stable now and it seems to have solved the slight wandering from left to right in a straight line that it had before.

However there is another bit of advice I am after, I noticed over the past week I have heard a metal “Poing†sound coming from the rear near side and on inspection today I noticed that the bottom locking ring was about 30mm down and loose also I have noticed some fresh wear/rub marks on the inner arch behind the spring.

So would applying a thread locking compound solve the problem of the loose nut?

post-1876-1298823618.jpg

Its a bit hard to see , the flash has killed the image but there are several marks around the back of the spring.

Its only a small annoyance but any advice would be helpful.

:o

The locking ring is a bugger.... You can't torque them up so it's a fitter's grrr tight instead..... Best thing to do is just lock it up again, using thread lock will impair any future adjustment so that's not wise.

I think the marks on the inner wing are fitting marks, the suspension radii wouldn't allow the coil to make contact.

No problem, i noticed that there where some marks because my undersid

e of the car was quite dirty (lots of dirty roads around here ) and

these did stand out shiny to look at but hard to take a pic of.

Tightened the lock nut up with a bit of "Grunt " and all is well. :angry2:

Best thing to do with the locking rings is to tighten them agains each other, not just the bottom one.

You will need two c spanners for this though.

Tighten the top one down and the bottom one up, if that makes sense!

h

• 2 weeks later...