Gaz Gold Pro's for Mk2.5

rooflessdriver

• 5 years later...

hello,

I have a mk2 mx5, I bought a set of GGP coilovers, with 450lbs F / 300lbs R springs about a month ago, and I finally had enough time to fit them on the car, along with other upgrades... so, I would like to know what is the GAZ recommended height and damping settings for these.

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

don't really mind the stiff ride, it's now set at 32 cm front and 33 cm rear (measured from center of the wheel to the wheel arch), 10 clicks on front, 8 on the rear. i've noticed that it developed a clunk on the front end, going over small bumps and such, at low speeds, sounds like dead anti roll bar links, but would be weird for both of them to start knocking at the same time, and i also checked everything for play when i did the suspension job, only had to change a track rod end.

as far as alignment goes, i wanted to go for the 939 dual duty setup, wich is: 

Front camber: -2.5° 

Caster:  +3.5 ~ 4.0°
Front total toe: 0
Rear camber : -2.0°

Rear total toe: +0.348 (+0.17/side)

i didn't have time to take the car myself to the alignment shop, so i asked a friend to take it and gave him these specs, but the shop messed them all up, here is what I got instead:

Front camber: initial -2.10/-2.46 /// after alignment -1.43/-1.46

Caster: +6.54/+6.47 /// +7.16/+7.12
Front total toe: +2.02/+2.24 /// 0.01/0.02
Rear camber : -4.00/-4.10 /// -2.46/-2.50

Rear total toe: +0.28/-0.41 /// +0.35/+035

the initial values were how the car rolled out after i fitted the suspension kit and polybushes all around. tech said that that is the closest he could get to the setup i wanted, except rear toe which he misunderstood and offered to correct them but i won't be going back there ever. so i called a different shop and asked them if they could help me, and they offered to let me do the alignment myself, but did not have time to do that yet. 

any advice is appreciated. i'll keep you posted with the progress...

Cheers!