The moon

Rich

Yeah and that's only half the size of his original one!! :( Took him along time to make as it wasn't a point and shoot photo, it's several stitched together.

You can see some more of his sky photos here. I particularly like the Jupiter one when you consider how far away it is and this is just a guy doing photography in his back garden! :(

One I took last night...it's been heavily cropped, I need a longer zoom! :(

post-438-1295474760.jpg

Nice. Was it really that sort of pink shade? The moon can look quite red during an eclipse. I have some pics somewhere that show it; I will try to find one.

lovely photo dude, i took some a few weeks back, but the moon was small in the sky and to get any clarity i had to keep the shutter open quite some time.... not so good as the moon moves across the sky. Trying to get a non soft edged image was tricky. I did notice that the moon was low and large in the sky last night, might have to try again this eve if its low and large again so i can get some of the detail, the best i could get was when a slight passing cloud added to the pic, still needs a lot of work!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17659615@N02/5352374477/

• 2 months later...

One I took on the Isle of Wight, not that the location matters, it still looks the same. I actually prefer these shots to full moons, you get more detail with the shadow :D

moon.jpg