Omega V6est

Tony

wim set the Geometry on the car, advised the owner to be aware of the front inners since the tyres were near to the limit... A week or so later the tyres were replaced with new 225/55-17 Pirelli P7 asymmetrical tyres, not at wim i must mention... Anyway soon after the owner was complaining of terrible tyre squeal and extremely poor unpredictable handling... I was watching his comments on the Omega forum and i was truthfully concerned, something was very wrong....

Today the car returned to wim to be re-tested, one look at the new 1200 mile old front tyres had us very concerned.....

post-2-1162583040_thumb.jpg

post-2-1162583072_thumb.jpg

We can see the pattern of wear is violently lateral and i expected to see a toe-in value of 30mm or so... It was 3mm?.... wim's personal camber settings have been used for years without any problems... so the camber castor values cannot be at fault.

Bewildered we corrected the small amount of toe but the car continued to handle very poor.... Next step was to replace the tyres since these were the catalyst that started the problem... the car was test driven and drove perfectly?

We have on choice other than to conclude there is some manufacturing defect with the P7 tyres (these are being sent back to Pirelli under complaint) but i have never seen this type of violent, dangerous defect before on any tyre......