Oh wow, how lucky am I

Tony

Do you always take your camera with you when walking the dogs? :blink:

Wooden chassis, lots of maintenance!

Nice cars though.

whats wrong with a wooden chassis ?

My MG has a wooden chassis and i hardly ever need to touch it!

You cant drive it everyday though not without inspecting it regularly!

Dont see many wooden chassis cars driving in the wet or snow in my many thousands of miles a year, nothing wrong with them anything made of wood and open to the elements without care will rot.Thats why you paint your house every 5yrs or so. :blink:

Its a Morgan.....i like the V8's.

Do you always take your camera with you when walking the dogs? :D

Wooden chassis, lots of maintenance!

Nice cars though.

I am pretty sure that the Roadster has a galvanised steel chassis. The car is not a monocoque. It has a separate chassis on which the suspension and running gear is mounted.

The body, made from steel and aluminium panels, is mounted to the chassis via an Ash frame and I think it is probably this frame that is being confused with the chassis.

the factory isnt far from where i am, i even went there to discuss selling them a photocopier (previous job) and was shown breifly around the showroom and a peek in their workshops. Really is one of the few real coachbuilder car manufacturers in existance. A great midlands jewel in the British crown

My MG has a wooden chassis

What kind of an MG is that?

I did some labouring for a youngster who was restoring a traditional shape MG sportscar back in the early 1960s and it definitely had a steel chassis. I can recall doing some welding on it.

The main structure consisted of two girders running the length of the vehicle and swept up over the rear axle, with tubular cross members spacing them apart. It had a series of welded cantilevers carrying the suspension etc.

The coachwork around the passenger tub was based on an ash frame and there were several wooden bits that I recall, but the chassis was definitely steel.