The joy of Geometry

Tony

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that always interested me, how people find the f40 far more substancial than the f50. I do it too for my own reasons, but i wonder if those who praise the f40 appreciate just how amazing the f50 actually is?

hmmm, i can see where you are comming from.... for me its the asthetics of the car that does it for me..

the F40 IMHO is perfect, great lines, lovely stance etc .. and it has the performance to match..

F40_04.jpg

the F50.... i dunno i think its too bulbus and 'round' for my tastes:

1996-ferrari-f50-28_460x0w.jpg

i guess im my eyes to F40 is more of a 'super car' than the F50 and is worthy of being pinned on any wall.

not to mention the f50 got it's head kicked-in by the McLaren F1

which always made me laugh, as the mclaren was designed in the 80s and was only ever meant to be better than the f40. Simply the most complete and perfect road car ever made (at the time) and it absolutely trashed the competition not just with its speed but its range of ability. the f50 had little chance and ferrari played the marketing card by making one less f50 than mclaren had planned to make f1's....... seems ferrari got it a little wrong :o

one Gordon Murray quote sticks with me and is possibly why i have the F1 at the top spot and the F40 in second,

"39 steps better than an F40"

:D

Yep as above the f50 never did it for me aesthetically, plus reviews weren't great. The F1 really didn't give it a chance, and i agree, to me it is the greatest supercar to date.

Having said that the MP4 is astonishing so the faster one they're planning may knock the f1 off the top spot. The only thing in the F1s favour is that compared to all the vehicles of its time it was just on another planet.

But who knows what the mega mac will be like!

• 1 month later...

I wonder if that was the one parked around the corner from me over the weekend...that started with VU11 I think. Love that interior though, the rear looks a little cramped but at least you get screens to take your mind off it! :whistle:

• 2 months later...