The joy of Geometry

Tony

Abolutly love it..... Stunning car, pants to calibrate but superb results.

Does that suspension affect the geometry when it's adjusted and is it only needed for clearance?

Purely clearance since the condition is not designed to be driven...... Bloody fun though :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ER will post a vid of the car anytime soon methinks.....

post-2-1261086820.jpg

post-2-1261086834.jpg

post-2-1261086846.jpg

post-2-1261086860.jpg

post-2-1261086875.jpg

post-2-1261086892.jpg

post-2-1261086905.jpg

post-2-1261086922.jpg

That Lambo is just bloody gorgeous.!!!! :D :D :blush02: :wub: :smile_anim:

I go on pistonheads just to tease myself and have a look at them..about as close as i will ever get to seeing or owning one... :lol:

Let me know when you get one in next time tony i will try and pop in and take a few pics....

2009 Westfield with 11 miles on the clock

post-2-1261599350.jpg

post-2-1261599361.jpg

post-2-1261599372.jpg

Rose jointed double A arms and ended with a great chassis calibration other than the non-adjustable castor....... A bit of a build issue there.

I want one!

What's the issue with Castor? Does the Hawker have data for the Caterhams?

h

That Lambo is just bloody gorgeous.!!!! :lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley: :D :wub: :smile_anim:

I go on pistonheads just to tease myself and have a look at them..about as close as i will ever get to seeing or owning one... :D

Let me know when you get one in next time tony i will try and pop in and take a few pics....

I always let members know in advance> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=4801&hl=

2009 Westfield with 11 miles on the clock

post-2-1261599350.jpg

post-2-1261599361.jpg

post-2-1261599372.jpg

Rose jointed double A arms and ended with a great chassis calibration other than the non-adjustable castor....... A bit of a build issue there.

I want one!

What's the issue with Castor? Does the Hawker have data for the Caterhams?

h

When i saw this i did think of you :D ..... The manufacture gave geometric suggestions for the adjustable angles but not the fixed castor angle, i suggested 5 degrees on a manual rack and this had 5d 30' and 6d 45', not good.

Don't think like that Daz, anything is possible :lmaosmiley:

Yeah i know jon. :D ..but while im doing santa`s job for him im never ever going to earn enough money to buy one ( unless i win the lotto)... :D

Never say never?........... I worked for STS for 25yrs, 7 years ago for whatever reason i decided to launch the wim web site explaining this geometry lark, after a few years and revisions the site opened into a real business. Now i have a million pound centre and a national audience.

Never belittle the impossible because anything is possible given enough imagination.

I always let members know in advance> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=4801&hl=

Daz did say he was working till 2pm in that thread :D It was an awesome looking motor though and sounded immense :D

Never say never?........... I worked for STS for 25yrs, 7 years ago for whatever reason i decided to launch the wim web site explaining this geometry lark, after a few years and revisions the site opened into a real business. Now i have a million pound centre and a national audience.

Never belittle the impossible because anything is possible given enough imagination.

You also need enthusiasm and alot of hard grafting to have a successful business. I own my own company (currently dormant) and it made me a few quid at the time until the market became too competitive.

The additional five hours a day (after work) every day and all day Sunday for several years is a mission but other than the lottery nothing in life is free.

My advice in business is choose something you enjoy and develop it from there, that way the enthusiasm comes naturally :D

The additional five hours a day (after work) every day and all day Sunday for several years is a mission but other than the lottery nothing in life is free.

My advice in business is choose something you enjoy and develop it from there, that way the enthusiasm comes naturally :D

I did do something I enjoy (computers) but there is just too much competition, same with web design...at least with geometry you are the minority so can capture a large audience :D

I did do something I enjoy (computers) but there is just too much competition, same with web design...at least with geometry you are the minority so can capture a large audience :D

No you are very wrong, geometry is national, understanding it is the minority, same applies to computers?

No you are very wrong, geometry is national, understanding it is the minority, same applies to computers?

But to the majority it's known as tracking not geometry?

• 4 weeks later...

Luuvely. There used to be one near me. Quad Cam Chevy V8 I think ? I use to turn the stereo off whenever I saw it hah. Mk1 Mondeo taillights and Citroen CX door mirrors from the looks of it too- staple Brit supercar partsbin stuff.

Made a handy GT2 racecar in it's day. There was a dutch dude who would drive for 'em but I can't recall his name....:(

How was the Geo TB ?

Edit: ER, Marcoss go back years. Once upon a time they use to have wooden chassis (like a Morgan) and Ford V6 motors.

Very little, this one needs some engineering to evolve rear camber and front castor.

With cars like these, which I'd imagine alot of time and money goes into building you'd think they would make camber and castor adjustable :(

Very little, this one needs some engineering to evolve rear camber and front castor.

With cars like these, which I'd imagine alot of time and money goes into building you'd think they would make camber and castor adjustable :(

I have to agree.

With cars like these, which I'd imagine alot of time and money goes into building you'd think they would make camber and castor adjustable :)

I have to agree.

Could it be a case of the manufacturer doesn't know/understand about these angles so prefer to leave them fixed?

With cars like these, which I'd imagine alot of time and money goes into building you'd think they would make camber and castor adjustable :)

I have to agree.

Could it be a case of the manufacturer doesn't know/understand about these angles so prefer to leave them fixed?

Not sure...... I think they are just very confident of the chassis build and how well the chassis holds the positions.