The joy of Geometry

Tony

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm his msn go to guy on mr2 bits. He's asked me where to get camber bolts, i wonder why ;)

No worries about the recommendation, my words were something like "Tony is good with the mr2, I taught him everything i know" :) :)

I think I'm his msn go to guy on mr2 bits. He's asked me where to get camber bolts, i wonder why :)

No worries about the recommendation, my words were something like "Tony is good with the mr2, I taught him everything i know" :D ;)

Yeah he come across well educated :) Before i even started he explained the intention for a wider rear wheel track so that destroyed any set-up today. But i measured the car "free" to get an image of the cambers and this showed he needs additional read adjuster bolts... Once acquired i will compensate for the wider track... Happy days :)

I've gotta get me one of these..... :)

Ariel Atom... With a Honda Civic type "R" powerhouse.

post-2-1171915073_thumb.jpg

post-2-1171915167_thumb.jpg

post-2-1171915280_thumb.jpg

Lovely jubbly..... Fiddly to set-up but extremely well made so easy on the maths.... If it wasn't for the other cars waiting i could have gone for a test drive with the owner :) Maybe when it gets back from the "Ring".

Those things are quick but wait until you see the supercharged version go!

There was one last time I was at bedford in a 911. It was on slicks and being driven really well, flew past this 997 like it was stationary.

There was one last time I was at bedford in a 911. It was on slicks and being driven really well, flew past this 997 like it was stationary.

Quite believe it jon..... These cars scream fun... Headlined "fast".

we had a good one today.. clive wouldnt allow me to photograph it though :)

bmw 535 1999 .. still not impressed? ok it was de-badged so the staff member (new bloke) had to open the bonnet to see if it was 4, 6 or 8 cylinders.. still nothing went wrong, the car was geom'd and all the measurments were ok, so the customer paid and went on his way.. he came back 5 mins laer with a very bent car.. new bloke didnt shut the bonnet properly and it flew up at about 80 mph.. you can see a mark on the roof where the badge has hit it!!

at a first glance it needs the roof repaired (ppossibly new skin) new bonnet, new screen, repair or replace 2 front wings, bonnet hinges, any trim and drivers underwear.

a right mess

bmw 535 1999 .. still not impressed? ok it was de-badged so the staff member (new bloke) had to open the bonnet to see if it was 4, 6 or 8 cylinders.. still nothing went wrong, the car was geom'd and all the measurments were ok, so the customer paid and went on his way.. he came back 5 mins laer with a very bent car.. new bloke didnt shut the bonnet properly and it flew up at about 80 mph.. you can see a mark on the roof where the badge has hit it!!

at a first glance it needs the roof repaired (ppossibly new skin) new bonnet, new screen, repair or replace 2 front wings, bonnet hinges, any trim and drivers underwear.

a right mess

Oh dear :) Did you say "bye" to the new chap on his way out! Silly mistake but this cannot happen whoever you are.

a right mess

Oh dear :) Did you say "bye" to the new chap on his way out! Silly mistake but this cannot happen whoever you are.

A 99 535? Sounds like it would be a cheap write off, not that your company gets to make that choice.

Poor new guy - Learning is fun.

i think he will be saying 'bye' had to stay behind to 'have a chat' with clive.

the customer took it realy well, he was given an audi a4 estate as a loaner untill his car is repaired.

Simple mistake... Dire consequences. Thing is Clive needs to be seen to address this accident. Discounts will have much answering to do, so dismissing the tech is the most corporately visible reaction. Look at the "what if" scenario... What if when the bonnet flew open the car crashed into a bus stop and killed ten people... Thankfully it didn't but it could of.

Actually i recall Clarkson test driving an Atom and his cheeks flapping in the wind with him screaming at the never ending power available from the car. "scariest thing on wheels" was one quote.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chevrolet Impala SS- Running adjustable air suspension

post-2-1175961913.jpg

post-2-1175961946.jpg

post-2-1175961986.jpg

Sweet :rolleyes_anim: Also perfect for dropping on the traffic wardens foot whilst they right out a ticket..... 'Oooops sorry Mr warden' :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I like that...

Do any of these cars get into STS ok where the dip is, looking at that I would've thought it catch somewhere?

I think the first time I went there I drove in with a bang as I didn't realise and that was in a mondeo!!