Tyre decisions

liner33

My Skoda Superb is due for new tyres it currently has Continental Sport contact 3 which were OE fitment its done 16,000 miles and is down to the wear markers (Not great i feel)

Tyre size is 225/40/18 92Y

I'm leaning towards Goodyear Eagles i have used them for years and pretty happy with them my local supplier has GSD3 and Assymetric ones in stock which ones are better??

Other choices are the Falken 452 (Had these on my Skyline for a bit and fitted a set to my mums Fabia VRS they seem good and very reasonably priced )

The Goodyear Excellence (Never heard of it ) so any info appreciated

Or anything else ??

Its the diesel CR 170hp engine so a heavy'ish car and is used for the daily grind up and down the motorway and occasional family trips

I've had a few problems with the Asymmetric making the rear feel like it's in a cross wind. The Excellence is nothing special, so i lay my money on the 452.

Cheers Tony i know we did speak about this but the assy vs gsd3 choice confused me :rolleyes:

Do you think it might be better to bite the bullet and change all 4 to the 452 , the rears have probably got 5-6k left on them

I wasn't a huge fan of the FK452 on my 350z. Great at first but as they wear the grip starts to go. I'm not the only person that's noticed it either.

The Sport Contact 3 is still one of the best tyres on the market if this years group tests are anything to go by, placing 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in 4 tests: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continen...t-Contact-3.htm

I wasn't a huge fan of the FK452 on my 350z. Great at first but as they wear the grip starts to go. I'm not the only person that's noticed it either.

The Sport Contact 3 is still one of the best tyres on the market if this years group tests are anything to go by, placing 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in 4 tests: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continen...t-Contact-3.htm

Tyre life is awful though bearing in mind this a daily driver not a performance toy , i would really like to see more that 16k out of the fronts and the rears arent that great either might see 20k or i may as well do them now

People have said the 452 dont give good life on these cars either so i'm leaning towards the GSD3