Mazda MX5 MK3 3.5 NC

Make of this what you will but here are the facts.

If we were to remove the rear coils/oils the logical way to do this is to remove the lower adjuster arm

post-2-1279914389.jpg

Doing this is fine because we will be calibrating the chassis after the install...

If i needed to remove the coil/oil without disturbing the adjuster the upper arm would need to be removed

post-2-1279914585.jpg

So why is it we have MK3's with handling complaints and we've now found out the upper arm bushing is preloaded, undo the lock nut and "bang" the bushing springs back.

I rest my case.

Schoolboy errors.. i do Hope Mazda are taking note!!

I think i should be in court by September, but at the end of the day you cannot sue the truth! It's not my fault a 2010 NC MK3 with 200 miles on the clock with handling issues booked into the centre and we found the bushings preloaded.

I think i should be in court by September,

What's this Tony?

h

I don't think Mazda will be to pleased me bringing this to the public's attention after all their claims the 3.5 handling has been sorted.

• 6 years later...

Make of this what you will but here are the facts.

If we were to remove the rear coils/oils the logical way to do this is to remove the lower adjuster arm

attachicon.gifDSC02056.JPG

Doing this is fine because we will be calibrating the chassis after the install...

If i needed to remove the coil/oil without disturbing the adjuster the upper arm would need to be removed

attachicon.gifDSC02055.JPG

So why is it we have MK3's with handling complaints and we've now found out the upper arm bushing is preloaded, undo the lock nut and "bang" the bushing springs back.

I rest my case.

Apologize for unearthing that thread.

One question: can l loosen upper arms bolts to check if there is no tension on that bushing ? Both of them ?

I wouldn't like to disturb my alignment.