Drift and Geometry

Tony

Last year i was asked to write and then position the Geom on the lead car for Drift Academy UK.... after some research i realized the positions are secret or deliberately miss-guiding so i wrote my own positions without guidance in a new sport..... in truth i got it very wrong.... mistake was i made the car 'to safe'.....

Never one to give up, silently in between all other work i have made deliberate attempts to monitor 'chat' in other forums. (one year in the watching)

What i would like to happen here is 'Drift talk' without the 'i know best' attitude seen in other forums....since even the smallest question was deliberate and doesn't deserve to be 'cut down'

One area i was involved in was Castor and how this will directly change the TOOT (toe out in turns) time and time again i was told....... it makes no difference blar blar...... a few weeks later there was an image of a car with a 90 degree lock :o (inside wheel) imposable you may think....

So from the bottom up :D Drift talk and associated Geometry is home here and i welcome all topics however small.

post-2-1143652244_thumb.jpg

Drifting seems to be doubling in size by the hour!

Never tried it myself in anger yet but wouldn't mind a crack sometime. And RWD Jap cars with plenty of power seem to be the order of the day! :o

...well mins is RWD but not alot of power..(yet..) Still drifting is fun even if I can't hang huge angles like other people (I am really unskilled no matter how much I practise!)

Drifting seems to be doubling in size by the hour!

Never tried it myself in anger yet but wouldn't mind a crack sometime. And RWD Jap cars with plenty of power seem to be the order of the day! :D

...well mins is RWD but not alot of power..(yet..) Still drifting is fun even if I can't hang huge angles like other people (I am really unskilled no matter how much I practise!)

The only time I've drifted was around the roundabout at M1 J26 is the pouring rain.....I lost the back end on boost and almost pooped one :o

....wow :D ...

this is my second home (1st being nutz :o lol).

the nutz peeps know I wanna drift but i also wanna drive the car on the road too so I need a compromise.

I'll start a new thread but THANK YOU for this section!! :D Tis awesome.

Good for you!... this site is devoted to every area that captivates Geometry... best part is there is no 'barrier' team wim are not in competition so evolution of Geometry and development of suspension is not bias....

For the record 'sleepyhead' most of the members here have 'Massive' understanding of all things mechanical.. this delivers a real edge compared to other forums.