Tint spray for lights

Rich

Thanks Janey :lol: I thought halfords did it but couldn't find it on the site. The nearest motorworld to me is Middlesex so I'll try some of the smaller shops if halfords don't have it instore.

• 5 weeks later...

Not got them fitted yet, that's for the morning but here's a few photos. When up close you can see the holes in the film but from about a metre or so away you can't. It looks better than standard ones though.

flyeyes_01.jpg

flyeyes_02.jpg

flyeyes_03.jpg

flyeyes_04.jpg

interesting.... would these look silly on the headlights ?i was going to get some stone protectors for my lights and tint them as 'headlight shades' but this might be a good cheaper alternative

Intresting......i've got the Lexus style lights on the truck and im not a lover of them,how easy was it to wrap the lights in the tints?

I was going to do the lexus lights but as I still have the standard ones I've done those and will sell the others on. The mondeo lights are quite curvy, needed a little bit of patience, heat also helps to make it workable. What the videos on the site - here

interesting.... would these look silly on the headlights ?i was going to get some stone protectors for my lights and tint them as 'headlight shades' but this might be a good cheaper alternative

I'm not sure about on the headlights, I'm not doing those but some I've seen look ok but that's just a photo, not sure in the flesh.

Intresting......i've got the Lexus style lights on the truck and im not a lover of them,how easy was it to wrap the lights in the tints?

It's pretty stretchy, especially if you warm it up with a hairdryer. I have tried it on the Lexus, but thought it looked crap tbh, just looks like the lens has been wrapped in fishnet. Lucky it comes off even easier than it goes on. I've got some left if you want to give it a try Pete?

A member on OJC says it's the same stuff they print advertising on and put on the back windows of taxis and buses etc. From a distance you cannot see the holes, but it allows a reasonably clear vision out.

Heres a couple of pics of the one headlight I covered and the taillight with a couple of scrap pieces to see how it would deal with the red lenses. The colour is dark grey.

post-62-1279401553.jpg post-62-1279401608.jpg post-62-1279401690.jpg

I have tried it on the Lexus, but thought it looked crap tbh,

On that recommendation i think i'll give it a miss, if its not good enough for the ISF its not going on the truck :D

On that recommendation i think i'll give it a miss, if its not good enough for the ISF its not going on the truck :thumbsup_anim:

It looked OK on ER's Mondy rear light clusters, but the clear lens on the headlights show the pattern too much. I know they say it doesn't 'much', but it must restrict the the light output. No point in having gas discharge headlights and then covering them up.

On that recommendation i think i'll give it a miss, if its not good enough for the ISF its not going on the truck :thumbsup_anim:

It looked OK on ER's Mondy rear light clusters, but the clear lens on the headlights show the pattern too much. I know they say it doesn't 'much', but it must restrict the the light output. No point in having gas discharge headlights and then covering them up.

I'm still not 100% sure when looking close up but from a metre or so away it looks ok and much better than leaving them standard. The lights shine the same brightness as well, which is a bonus as a tint spray would've dimmed them.

flyeyes_fitted_01.jpg

flyeyes_fitted_02.jpg

flyeyes_fitted_03.jpg

Now on yours it looks o.k wether its because its in a photo i cant tell, must be because they are darker to start with where as mine are clear lenses i really should of looked at yours today Rich.

Yeah that probably would've helped you decide. Can't you get standard lights over here to replace them or buy some from America?