Recommended Tyres for a 4 wheel drive Evo?

Anees

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well. :lol:

I have just bought an Evo after selling my S2000. :(

S1032853.JPG

Info here (hope the link is ok):

http://www.outlawjapclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2910

The car at the moment has the standard Yokohama C-Drive 235/45/17 tyres on it.

The front tyres on it are abit low and it needs a geometry doing too but I want to get the tyres changed first. I am looking to get a whole new set of tyres for the car. Now I have also joined the MLR (Evo owners club) and the owners on there are raving about Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric tyres with lots of good reports. I am abit worried about this however because I know Tony doesn't rate them and my very bad experience with them on my BMW (and owners on the BMW club said they were good too) so I don't want to repeat the same mistake.

Past thread:

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=4185

Saying that I had them on my S2000 and they were great.

I personally have been impressed with the Vredestein Ultra Sessantas I have fitted on my BMW so I am tempted to just go for those.

According to MLR Goodyear Assymetrics seem the No1 choice for most road user, with the Michelin PS2 a close second.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Anees

Well you've done as much groundwork as you can by asking the owners club. From my understanding of the 3 the goodyears will probably be the most comfortable, the Michelins wear the best and the Vredestein give the most direct feel.

Right think I might take a slight (calculated risk!)

I have noticed that the Michelin Pilot Sport PS3s are now out and are supposed to be as good as the PS2s in the dry (where they are already just ahead of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics) and much better in the wet.

ps3vsps2.png

I think they are worth a bet and I can't see them being a bad tyre - the PS2s are one of the highest rated tyres about but I can't find any reviews for the PS3 hence the slight risk.

• 4 months later...

Congrats Anees..lovely looking car.. :rolleyes: ;) And lots of fantastic work ,time, and effort to get it where it is now ( and not forgeting lots of money :( ) I hope it puts a smile on your face evertime you drive it.!!!

And dont forget a passenger seat ride the next time your down @ WIM.. :lol: :o

I do like the look of the Evo`s.. :o :lol:

BOUGHT THEM ;)

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s312p57900

Hopefully they are more sticky then a very sticky thing, stuck to something very sticky!

Let us know how they perform Anees. I have Pilot Sport PS2's on my IS-F and they seem OK, but I don't have anything else to compare them against :lol: Guess it needs to be 'Apples for Apples' so the IS250 on Toyo T1-R's isn't up for comparison :o

Anyone (Tony?) know if the PS2's are going to be phased out by Mitchellin for the PS3's? Seems logical.