Show us your detailing gear!

Rich

You're not wrong! :lol: How long does the smell usually last in your car? I think where I've got smelly feet and the carpet is wet it's killing it off. Mind you only did one blast.

:lol: Sometimes lasts around 7-10 days, found the best thing to do is spray it in the car at night with a good blast, and lock the car up till the next day or when you need to use it again, Seems to deodorise if you leave it over night and lasts longer :D

You're not wrong! :lol: How long does the smell usually last in your car? I think where I've got smelly feet and the carpet is wet it's killing it off. Mind you only did one blast.

:lol: Sometimes lasts around 7-10 days, found the best thing to do is spray it in the car at night with a good blast, and lock the car up till the next day or when you need to use it again, Seems to deodorise if you leave it over night and lasts longer :D

Funny guy :D I've just done 2 second long sprays in each footwell and locked the car up, will see what it's like in the morning :D

• 1 month later...

Today's buys from the Autosmart rep ;)

Tony have you ever looked into using Autosmart as they don't just cater in cleaning products but latex/nitrile gloves, grease, hand cleaners etc...the prices he gave me were cheap so trade should be even cheaper :(

autosmart_01.JPG

autosmart_02.JPG

autosmart_03.JPG

bloody hell rich...is that all you have :o thought you'd have a shops worth by now lol...though i imagine you run out quick as your polishing your car day or night sleep or awake lmao...my detailing gear is situated at tesco jetwash :D

• 2 months later...

Well I've sold some of my collection as I won't have the time to use it all in the coming months so just keeping one product for each job. I bought a rotary polisher a while ago and have been waiting for a trader on DW to do an offer on the backing plates for the last month. Well they put the offer up last night and it's a very good one, so have some gloss-it plates on the way. Once I've used it a few times and got the hang of it I will be selling my Meguiars G220 as I won't need both.

• 1 month later...

I've now sold my G220, backing plates, some of the pads and other gear. I have bought a gallon of ONR, bottle of Optiseal, 5L of Surfex HD, a bag for my rotary and some hand applicators. Will get some photos up soon when I sort it all out. Lately I've had less and less time to spend on the cars so have been looking for products that are quick and easy to use. I had been planning to fully detail both cars in August when I booked a week off work but it rained the whole time! :blush02:

I've been spending of late bought some of the Optimum spray wax , goes on quick and easy ideal for a top up bought a couple more waxes another Collinite to try and Dodo Hard Candy .

I like the autosmart bubble gum , i use the California scent air fresheners in the car and give it a spray of the blast after cleaning, also use berry blast and a autosmart hanging fresheners when doing other peoples cars

I've not been that keen on spray waxes and don't find them that durable but being Optimum I'm sure I'd be pleasantly surprised. I've still got my BH Finis wax to use and my Dodo SN panel pot, just don't have the time to apply waxes ATM. The most the cars get is a quick going over with #425.

I'll need some more air fresheners soon, just don't wanna see the AS rep as the temptation is too much! :blush02:

• 3 months later...

Picked one of there up just before the accident the other week, it survived the impact so pretty strong! :lol:

Trying to get everything I've got into this, my polisher in a bag (no photo yet) and a box for the towels. I'll have some empty spray bottles for sale soon as they're too tall to fit in the bottom part.

stanley_box_01.jpg

stanley_box_02.jpg

stanley_box_03.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

These are the first detailing related products I've bought in ages. Going to clean and proof the roof on the MX5 when we get a dry day. The larger brush is for the upholstery and carpets.

WP_20150730_12_08_34_Pro.jpg

• 5 years later...

A very good  Fast  way to clean your  Engine bay - in particular the black plastic areas    Is by using  ‘Armour-All’ Tyre foam,    Yes I know it says Tyre foam on the can.  But trust me.  It has been used by me and thousands of others  for cleaning the plastic areas  of engine bays too,    Just  keep the spray away from the Alternator  when you are spraying it, spray it across the entire  ( black part ) area    And leave for about  4 minutes then wipe the surplus off with a cloth,  after about three  applications.   You will have a  lustre to be proud of,    It will not  damage  any other areas with overspill etc.

i have been using it on every car I have owned  over the past 20 years    ...  Trust my word.   You will be pleased with the result ..

I am pleased to see that Rick  promotes the Auto Glym range  in his article on car care,     As you might know the most unsightly  thing  when detailing a car.   Is by getting   Car polish onto the rubber work   And into the  body gaps  and  not bothering to remove the  polish overlay   ... etc,    

I’m sure that you  all   probably   already knew this.!   But I just felt  like a  Little  rant on the subject  this evening .
Have a Nice time  under the bonnet tomorrow    The  tyre foam is £6 in Halfords   A  First class product    
You should get  6 tyre applications out of a can   And If used under the bonnet   You will  get  10 applications  out of a can.   Keep safe  ... best regards from Ray Collins  Epping Essex,  ,,

• Like 1

Wow! Over 5 years a go I bought that hood proofer and I've still not done it! :rolleyes: I clean the roof regularly with all purpose cleaner, the brush and hose. I'll have to use it next year and get it done.

Tyre foam is very good for dressing plastic, not just that brand but most of them, it's something I do neglect though, the engine bay. I think I would clean it with APC first though just to get the bulk of the grime off.

I just don't seem to have time to detail any more, life gets in the way!

On 03/12/2020 at 13:53, Rich said:

Wow! Over 5 years a go I bought that hood proofer and I've still not done it! :rolleyes: I clean the roof regularly with all purpose cleaner, the brush and hose. I'll have to use it next year and get it done.

Tyre foam is very good for dressing plastic, not just that brand but most of them, it's something I do neglect though, the engine bay. I think I would clean it with APC first though just to get the bulk of the grime off.

I just don't seem to have time to detail any more, life gets in the way!

When experimenting with cleaning the roof fabric of the soft top MX5.  Be careful     Some  products may  make the hood look   nice.      But   The stitching  itself -around the roof -   Could be weakened,    I think  by keeping to  cleaners that are manufactured for that specific job     Will be fine,    But  other products  ( like washing up liquid Etc )  might do more harm than good long term,       I am soon going to use  a product that has been tried and tested,    My roof Material is still like new    the car has been garaged for its entire life,    The area where the drain holes are  ( in the roof recess area behind the seats ).   Is  completely  as new,    It’s comforting to see this  degree of care  taking place on the MX5 cars,    They really are    worth saving ....     My car - a 2007 NC 2 Ltr model  In silver,   Is a pleasure to own,   When I saw the add   The seller told me to bring my cash with me  “” because you will buy it””.   He was right,   I personally haven’t seen a 13 year old car in such astonishing condition.    He dared me to find a mark or even a single stone chip on it,   And I couldn’t !     My only gripe  I didn’t like the way it looked  - so raised on its suspension as NC models do “ So I researched the internet  to find a company near to me in Essex who could lower the car and put 25mm spacers onIt,

it has now been done - by Joe -   I am  Amazed at the transformation.   Every MX 5 owner should do those two modifications at “ Wheels- inmotion,   Well worth every penny....    keep safe you guys    And If I don’t contact you before Christmas for a chat   Have a good one,    Ray from Epping Essex. ....

4 hours ago, Tony said:

Thanks Ray......

And Thank you Tony   For running  such  an excellent  enterprise,    I am  very pleased with the work  to my MX5 to date, best two mods to apply to MX5   ( lowered and  spacers )   Looks and drives like a different car.   Next year I am going to buy some 225x 45 x 17   Tires.  To finish the look to perfection,    best regards  from  Ray.  Epping Essex 

I note that someone asked a question recently   On the Use of  protective pain  “ HAMMERITE “.     I can confirm it is  a very good  metal protector      It not only  protects. Metal but  kills any progress of rust  that may have formed upon the metalwork,    Hammerite  is a good  way of protecting under bodywork  on a MX5   Or any other car,    It doesn’t really matter what it looks like     It cannot be seen,   All that matters is that it is  ‘protecting‘ your car,       It is excellent on  Suspension parts    Too,       I have used this paint many times on garden chairs etc.    And  the rusting  was. Arrested  and prevented from  getting worse,      Best regards to all of you and have a good Christmas.   You cannot do much about the problems that 2020 brought to our doors.  Let’s just hope that next year will be a bit better,  sadly all the signs are  That it  might not be    Keep your chins up lads,   From a Ray Epping Essex, 

Under the car protection tends to be wax nowadays......    ,

I really love the 5 because the deeper you look the better it is.

I have some contacts in Japan, and he assisted my conspiracy the NC had been raised for 30mm UK and EU.

I had an issue i couldn't understand under the car in respect to an area just behind the driver had no underseal?.... The reason is why i respect the NC?

the bare area is to allow the exhaust noise is heard in the cabin.... How clever is that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2020 at 12:56, Tony said:

Under the car protection tends to be wax nowadays......    ,

I really love the 5 because the deeper you look the better it is.

I have some contacts in Japan, and he assisted my conspiracy the NC had been raised for 30mm UK and EU.

I had an issue i couldn't understand under the car in respect to an area just behind the driver had no underseal?.... The reason is why i respect the NC?

the bare area is to allow the exhaust noise is heard in the cabin.... How clever is that.

Well,  with the right exhaust Tony.   It doesn’t necessarily come through the  floor pan  but  all over the  place,   It is a lovely noise as you blast off but on a long journey  I’m sure many of us would like to  turn the racket down,   Any way best  of Christmas joy to all of you,  keep safe    From Ray EppingbEssex