Check you driving license

• 1 year later...

It's 'Licence' in English!

NOT 'License'! :)

:lol: Nice spot!

Just sent mine off to have 3 points added to it... :sad01_anim:

Stupid variable speeds on the M20 - rarely relate to true traffic density or incidents.

So those variable speed limit cameras actually work then? They never seem to on the M25?!  :unsure:

I can't remember if they had cameras on the M20 when I worked in Kent, although this was 12 years ago now. It was a very fast straight bit of motorway if I remember correctly. The bottom half of the M25 has alot of cameras though but no one ever stuck to the limit the signs showed. They do have them on the top half now, I think they were installed when it was widened but I've never had any problems! :whistle:

We use licence and license in the UK. The first is a noun the second is a verb. I have license (verb) to drive because I have a valid driving licence (noun). Other similar words are practice (noun) and practise (verb) or advice (noun) and advise (verb.

In the US they spell both the noun and the verb as license. It doesn't have the precision of UK proper usage, but since many people confuse the two it maybe helps overall to use a single spelling.

• Like 1