Honda Civic Type R

Tony

Soon after release the rear tyres showed typical Camber induced wear.... Honda re-constructed the upper control arm to reduce the Negative Camber by 10'... After 02 all complaints had the arms fitted free under warranty.. All successive arms are at the new length, so if the rears are wearing on the insides you need to replace the upper control arm for an over the counter replacement, not an after market expensive (forced adjuster)

Yes Honda have also revised the spec for the rear camber too, i think before they changed the upper arms.

so when set up on the geom machine the car seems ok by the readings. then when they brought the new arms into play they had to re-revise the settings,

Also (unrelated) Honda speedo/mileage gauges apparently are 10% inaccurate on purpus, so after driving 10,000 miles the car has only really covered approx 9,000. this is to give the fuel economy reading 10% higher too (i have a friend or 2 at Honda dealers)

imports start life as km/h, you tell by the speedo, it goes right up to 180, cars in japan are limited to 180 kmh whitch is about 112 mph, the importers normaly remove the limiter and convert the drive in the gearbox to make the dial read in mph, they then either replace the sticker on the dial to one that reads m/ph or simply remove the k so it says m/h

Coincidence or what?..... I learned this insider information mid-week and yesterday i had a Type R in for a Geo, and yes the problem was rear inner tyre wear...... The customer is now fully armed with all relevant information and is going back to Honda tomorrow. I will keep everyone apprised of the results.