need help with my exhaust

i wonder if anyone can help, since i have had my car the exhaust has sounded terrible, the reason for this is the rear box is totaly hollow, on the last m.o.t the emmisions just scraped through so i will be needing a new cat too, the system is only a 2 peice one, front pipe with cat.. and rear box.

after market cats sound tinny and hollow on most of the german cars, and an orriginal from mercedes is close to £1000 (full system) top gear in st albans said they could replace the cat with a hi-flow sports cat and build me a full system for £550. i was just wondering if anyone knows how relaible these cats are or there are others i should get before taking the car to get the rest of the system done

cheers

i wonder if anyone can help, since i have had my car the exhaust has sounded terrible, the reason for this is the rear box is totaly hollow, on the last m.o.t the emmisions just scraped through so i will be needing a new cat too, the system is only a 2 peice one, front pipe with cat.. and rear box.

after market cats sound tinny and hollow on most of the german cars, and an orriginal from mercedes is close to £1000 (full system) top gear in st albans said they could replace the cat with a hi-flow sports cat and build me a full system for £550. i was just wondering if anyone knows how relaible these cats are or there are others i should get before taking the car to get the rest of the system done

cheers

Why not contact/pm tdi... this is them to a tee.

ok change of plan..

im now going to buy a performance cat and fabricate the pipework myself as i have found an elbow shaped link that is almost new, i just have to cut my old front pipe, weld in the elbow and extend it, weld in the cat and connect it to the rest of the system,

top gear cat price = £300 fitted

dan price, cat = £100 fitted

bargain!

• 2 weeks later...

ok like tony i dont go much on cats so its out with it!!

i have made a front pipe that acts as a de-cat pipe but i can pull the de-cat out and put a cat in whenever i want, cat cost £80, de-cat cost £20 and i got £35 back on my old cat from the 'cat man' car is off to top gear monday for a stainless steel middle and rear and amg style tail pipe

ok like tony i dont go much on cats so its out with it!!

i have made a front pipe that acts as a de-cat pipe but i can pull the de-cat out and put a cat in whenever i want, cat cost £80, de-cat cost £20 and i got £35 back on my old cat from the 'cat man' car is off to top gear monday for a stainless steel middle and rear and amg style tail pipe

£saving joy of being in the trade... Gonna need some pictures of the new baby dan!