Volvo V70

MPG is probably not much worse than the Soarer, if not better.

I remember years ago when they came out we had just been to the gym but there were too many of us to fit in one car, so i was in the V70R with my uncle and my aunt was in the galaxy. We came round a corner and we got through the lights but they changed before my aunt could get through. So we waited till she drove past, then pulled off in first, change to 2nd, not going that fast, then, foot to floor and off it went. The rev meter went up like i'd not seen before and the speedo needle was following it, i was loosing my breath (must have been pulling a few 'g's :P :( ) well i wasn't old enough to drive at the time and that must be the fastest thing i had been a passenger in.

Very nice interior as well. My dad had a D5 S60 for just over a year and it was a very comfy car. The sporty models of V70 apparently have a pretty stiff ride and are nice for drivers handling wise and stay pretty flat whilst cornering, although front tyre wear rate can be abit shocking, i think with traction control on 9k was what my uncle managed from a pair.

I do quite fancy one now though, they actually make one in a nice orange colour as well, maybe they wanted a tamer color than yellow from the 850 estate, lol.

On the drive. Think it needs a new fuel pump ecu as its taking some turning over when warm to start up. Need to link the battery and fuel pump pins on the diagnostic sensor to see if it solves the problem, if it does, new fp ecu it will need.

I quite fancy having a manual again.

Bought it in an auction in Oxford that deal in ex-old bill motors,White,all bells an whistles and a service history as long as your arm,just had new discs,shocks,filters,oil, pads and tyres....was when my right foot was a bit heavy.

Was a rocket ship on rubber :)