Ball joint adjusters

Tony

How does this work?

If it only has male and female ends then doesn't the fitment allow for the ends to float whereas without it fitted there would be no movement?

Sorry if that is not clear, but does the new bit allow the TRE and the hub to move independently of each other?

h

How does this work?

If it only has male and female ends then doesn't the fitment allow for the ends to float whereas without it fitted there would be no movement?

Sorry if that is not clear, but does the new bit allow the TRE and the hub to move independently of each other?

h

The idea is to move the steering arm away from the wishbone so that they both have the same radii on compression. The ball joint still works the same it's just a case of keeping the components parallel with each other.

looks like it could add preload to the arb without adjustable drop-links ?

That would only change if the ARB anchor point was longer/ shorter (horizontal plane) in this case the actual height would not add/ subtract torsional load.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, looks like I need a similar thing for mine, but in my case the top ball joint needs adjustment after lowering,

to bring the camber back into range that will not cause premature tyre wear. I will start a seperate thread for this.

Hmmm, looks like I need a similar thing for mine, but in my case the top ball joint needs adjustment after lowering,

to bring the camber back into range that will not cause premature tyre wear. I will start a seperate thread for this.

Tony/Wozza,

I have found a site that appears to supply the camber adjusters I have on my Is250 and they're the same fit for the IS200/300. Any good?

http://www.iapdirect.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Great find Tango, I found something similar on E-bay motors (USA) TH Motorsports yesterday, (item number 370143306876)

deffo looks like I will get from one of these two places, many many thanks mate !! :sick01:

e818_1.JPG

P.S sorry for disturbing you while you are away