Helper springs

boost mad

No..... wast of time and money. The low frequency helper spring has a limited natural use as it is, so as an addition it would be nothing more than a spacer.

The reason i ask is that the car sits at a reasonable height, but, at full extension of the coilover the spring is loose. i just had the thought that the helper springs would take up the slack so to speak

No..... wast of time and money. The low frequency helper spring has a limited natural use as it is, so as an addition it would be nothing more than a spacer.

The reason i ask is that the car sits at a reasonable height, but, at full extension of the coilover the spring is loose. i just had the thought that the helper springs would take up the slack so to speak

If the coil is loose when the suspensions on full droop you need to adjust the platform so to take the chatter out of the coil.

Helper springs? :thumbsup_anim:

Anyone care to explain what these do then, although I'm getting the jist of it.

It's to keep the coil under load when the suspensions on full droop, it's poundage is very low although it's design acts in harmony with the parent coil.

As you have read i'm not in favor of adding a helper if the original coil platform just needs resetting.

if i raise the platform to remove the chatter the car will sit higher, am i correct in saying this ?

Unfortunatly i cant raise the fronts as the little grubscrew that stop the platform from twisting are rusted and rounded off.

At least on the rear the Gaz coilovers have a double platform to lock them in place

if i raise the platform to remove the chatter the car will sit higher, am i correct in saying this ?

Unfortunatly i cant raise the fronts as the little grubscrew that stop the platform from twisting are rusted and rounded off.

At least on the rear the Gaz coilovers have a double platform to lock them in place

No because the chatter means there's no preload so it won't change the height.... Turn the perch up until you can feel a little resistance then you have zero preload and correctly set coilover.