Dr Tony

scorps

Had a service done today and the inspection for the tyres were as follows:

Front right: Inner 3 Middle 6 outer 4

Front left: Inner 3 Middle 6 outer 4

Rear left: Inner 3 Middle 5 outer 4

Rear right: Inner 3 Middle 6 outer 4

Is the discrepency on the Middle R/Left because of over inflation?

Im not that worried about it as they seem to be wearing quite evenly. :blink:

cheers.

:D

do you do a lot of loaded/motorway driving?

Nope.

wouldnt higher middle values say under inflation ?

Or is it lower nos over inflation as the ctr of the tyre makes more contact with the rd thus wearing quicker. :blink:.....im not saying your wrong Bazza.......but then again im not saying your right either :D

I've no idea.

Im not that worried about it as they seem to be wearing quite evenly. :blink:

cheers.

:D

Over on one tyre seems unlikely.. Assuming it is the same make of tyre then i would think it's a 'typo' by the technician.... out if interest what pressure are you using... the 33psi (stock) or the 35psi (wim)

Blimey he got here quick....lucky i left the kitchen window open :D

Flyingtigger.jpg

I feel ashamed :o i was aiming for the bedroom widow :D

Notice he was pleased to see you..... uncle scorp :D are you still feeding him Tuna and bacon catwedges

Im not that worried about it as they seem to be wearing quite evenly. :D

cheers.

:o

Over on one tyre seems unlikely.. Assuming it is the same make of tyre then i would think it's a 'typo' by the technician.... out if interest what pressure are you using... the 33psi (stock) or the 35psi (wim)

pete, if you had the service done at lexus croydon, i would suggest putting the report adjacent to your toilet , and use it for its only use

it was lexus croydon that measured my tyres unequally, ranging from 5 to 6

really strange as they were all brand new and had only covered about 30 miles :D

pete, if you had the service done at lexus croydon, i would suggest putting the report adjacent to your toilet , and use it for its only use

I would have to agree. :D......it was a written report not a typo error :D i wasn't overly concerned about it,just curious.

They reported that i had a slight leak from the w/pump and said as it was due for a c/belt change next month(6 yrs old) despite in the h/book it says 10yrs for the c/belt change!! so you might as well do the 2 at the same time..cars done less than 50k :o quoted £650 on top of the service and MOT,also advised on r/pads saying you've got about 3-4k left on them (they told me the same thing 2 yrs ago,so 2 yrs left on them then :D

Anyway got the car home and thought i'd check the leak so i ran my hand around the pump....nothing...nadda...zilch...dry as a bone and the gauge doesn't move,Also charged me for white grease to do the door hinges and the passenger rear squeaks like a good un....plus the washer bottle wasn't filled up,i know these are all petty things but i expect more from a Lexus dealer, so i went back today and complained that i wasn't happy (not for a discount) and all i got was........"the car was serviced by our senior technician"....."our numero uno"....i doubt he would of missed anything..........so thats that then GREAT!!

Yet 2 months ago they couldn't pester me enough,bombarding me with phone calls to see if i was interested in buying a new IS250 so much so they wanted to have one for a trial period for 2 weeks for nothing.

I do think that standards have dropped a bit since the new model has come out :)....off to the Ford dealers now :D :)

Quote: Scorps

You can request a copy of the service check list? then identify what is or not intended as part of the service.

I had an amazing conversation with a Jaguar Tech and we discussed service levels, i was informed that on a major service they don't check the lights, water, tyre pressures ;) Horrified i said why! Seemingly these areas are covered under 'General Maintenance' by the owner.. If a bulb has blown they will change it for you but the cost is £95+vat labour + £6.50 for the bulb.

You can request a copy of the service check list? then identify what is or not intended as part of the service.

Thats in the h/book...

I had an amazing conversation with a Jaguar Tech and we discussed service levels, i was informed that on a major service they don't check the lights, water, tyre pressures ;) Horrified i said why! Seemingly these areas are covered under 'General Maintenance' by the owner.. If a bulb has blown they will change it for you but the cost is £95+vat labour + £6.50 for the bulb.

He should move up to a Lex as it will indicate on the dash when a bulb has gone ;)