The mobile phone random photo thread!

Yep! Seriously why would you carry that around. You can get small portable batteries to charge your phone if you really need to and it'll be a lot quick than solar panels! :lol:

• 2 months later...

If we put chicken out every day then we would as they visit us daily. They sit in the trees in the woods. Really you're not supposed to put food out but we had a whole chicken that was starting to turn. So rather than waste it I cut it up and put it in the garden.

Before the kite came down a random seagull appeared and scoffed most of it. Before this video it swallowed a whole drumstick too! 😲

How they don't choke themselves I don't know. Seagulls are the bane of my life living near the sea! Pigeons too.

I know you shouldn't feed wild animals but I must admit, I feed the hedgehogs in my garden with kitten food. They've eaten all slugs and snails - but they haven't moved on. They live under my decking.

They are flying dustbins! I saw a video of one swallowing a small rabbit. I know they can survive on anything but that is just greedy! 😂

We get lots of pigeons but rarely a seagull. I know how annoying they are though when we're at the caravan. Especially when they are tapdancing on the roof!

Feeding hedgehogs is fine IMO, they are declining and we need to do everything we can to stop that from happening. I've not seen a live one for years and we don't get them in our garden despite having the woods behind us.

Great photo Geoff, you're so lucky living near to Wales. We'll get there in the summer one day to experience those roads. We did Brecon in the winter a few years a go but you have to be careful with the cold damp roads.

On 26/08/2021 at 13:15, liner33 said:

We have a pair of red kites in the garden , last summer we had a tame pheasant.

I open this link on my phone and play the audio link to call them in 

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/animals/birds/red-kite/

The pair we have are always calling eachother, it's actually a nice song they have.

This one is sitting on it's favourite branch. It's not calling this time but usually sings for it's mate. Video was taken on my phone so it's not great!

• 5 months later...
On 31/08/2021 at 11:37, Tony said:

How do you get the image from your phone to the pc?

Sorry, only just seen this. There are a few ways but easiest is plug in with a usb cable and another drive will appear so you can pick it off that. Or, email it to yourself.

14 hours ago, Geoffers said:

Been a bit faulty lately so took a trip into Wales to cheer myself up.

Great full moon in Abersoch. Cloud was just a little too low to get a clear view of it.

I thought you'd gone a bit quiet, I hope the break away helped.

Nice photo and the sea looks so calm 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks nice and isolated Geoff 🙂 

It can be like that in Norfolk, walk for ages without seeing anyone. I've just taken this on our morning walk. You can see what the erosion has done to the dunes too, right up to the road now!

20220414_101343.thumb.jpg.10258d96a6f60aca648e5b1e2086ccd1.jpg

On 15/04/2022 at 17:09, Geoffers said:

It looks lovely. Not sure I could live away from large bodies of water

Nice sky. How is the temperature there at the mo? I really like early morning walks when it's 'fresh'. Seems to set you up for the day.

Having grew up near the sea I've always struggled with living closer to London. Although we have the canal and rivers they're not the same with the number of people who visit them. I will be glad to move. Even if it's not close to the sea, somewhere near the Norfolk Broads will do me. 

Temperature has been 16-17 degrees but as Norfolk has its own micro climate it feels much warmer! Not rained once which is unusual for April.

I do like early morning walks but by the time we're all ready it's more like a late morning one! 😂

On 15/04/2022 at 18:19, adam_r said:

I'm in Turkey at the moment and it really is an incredible place with very friendly people. 

I would upload photos but they seem to be limited to 32kb?!?

I've not been but my FIL did a few weeks work over there before Covid and really liked it. Are you on holiday?

Non gold members get 10mb of free upload space. It looks like you've used 99% of yours hence only having 32kb left. You should be able to delete some to free up space.

• Thanks 1