Nissan Micra tyres

jsj24uk

Hi Everyone.

I've not posted on here before but I've had my LS430 tyres and alignment done and my Nissan Micra driving school car tyres, barkes and alignment done as well at WIM. It's a bit of a trek but well worth it in my opinion.

On my Micra I've noticed that the rear tyres are going to need replacing soon. There only seem to be three tyre companies who make tyres for the Micra which are Continental, Dunlop and someone else who I can't remember. The size is 175/60/15 and they seem to be about £70 quid or a bit more each which seems alot of money for a tyre for a Micra. If I go up a couple of sizes in terms of width and go to 195/60/15 then I can get Pirelli P6000 for £25 to £30 cheaper. Would this be alright to do if I replaced all four tyres at the same time and would my wheels be able to cope with the extra width of the tyre?

Sorry of this is a daft question.

Cheers,

Jim.

Hi Everyone.

I've not posted on here before but I've had my LS430 tyres and alignment done and my Nissan Micra driving school car tyres, barkes and alignment done as well at WIM. It's a bit of a trek but well worth it in my opinion.

On my Micra I've noticed that the rear tyres are going to need replacing soon. There only seem to be three tyre companies who make tyres for the Micra which are Continental, Dunlop and someone else who I can't remember. The size is 175/60/15 and they seem to be about £70 quid or a bit more each which seems alot of money for a tyre for a Micra. If I go up a couple of sizes in terms of width and go to 195/60/15 then I can get Pirelli P6000 for £25 to £30 cheaper. Would this be alright to do if I replaced all four tyres at the same time and would my wheels be able to cope with the extra width of the tyre?

Cheers,

Jim.

hello jim

we can supply the correct size in an economy brand at £55inc vat if this helps let me know and i can order them in for you :unsure:

Hi Everyone.

Cheers,

Jim.

hello jim

we can supply the correct size in an economy brand at £55inc vat if this helps let me know and i can order them in for you :unsure:

Hi Mark.

Thanks for your reply. If I go to the 195's then I can get the Pirelli P6000's for the same price as your economy tyre which is why I was asking if I can go to the slightly wider width without causing any problems and also keeping the same size wheel.

Jim.

Hi Everyone.

Cheers,

Jim.

hello jim

Hi Mark.

Thanks for your reply. If I go to the 195's then I can get the Pirelli P6000's for the same price as your economy tyre which is why I was asking if I can go to the slightly wider width without causing any problems and also keeping the same size wheel.

Jim.

The 195/60 sidewall is to high, the gear sync and speedo will be wrong let alone the handling, your best to stick with a cheaper 175/60 rather than open a can-O-worms.

Hi Everyone.

Cheers,

Jim.

hello jim

we can supply the correct size in an economy brand at £55inc vat if this helps let me know and i can order them in for you :)

Hi Mark.

Jim.

Ive never heard a good word for the P6000's and was very happy when they were taken off my last car. I'd avoid them where possible.