MX-5 Cosworth Supercharger

I had a test drive in the mx3 s/c last saturday and if you get a chance it is well worth a visit, i beleave that the conversion is £5k.

Yes it was the car in the article and it goes like stink, basically its just had the unit bolted on with no other mods and it has done thousands of test miles and apparently all of the journalists who have driven it ,loved it i know i did . :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gather BBR will have a Mark 1 and Mark 3 at Beuleigh (sp) at the mx5oc meet.

Planet are also organising a trip to the BBR factory.

H

We've seen a couple of the mk1 BBRs at WIM. They tend to be kinda rusty by now....

They were the original UK fitment as for the BBR or Le Mans 5. Designed as a dealer fit, which could be specified at time of purchase.

BBR have developed a new system system, for the Mk 1 or Mk3 iirc, believe it's available as a turnkey option or kit.

http://www.planetmx5.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&highlight=.

Post 6 on the above thread has some more info.

To clarify, the BBR conversion for the mk 3 is supercharger. The mk1 is a turbo.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Boo, always thought a charger in the MX5 would be good! RWD... Smooth powerband... TORQUE! Maybe 2 mice instead of 1 but hey. There anything out there for the MX5's for superchargers?

Moss do Jackson racing, or BBR in the states.

Bought mine second hand off the Nutz forum.

h