MX-5 Cosworth Supercharger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow the snapper stuffed the cossie MX5 huh ? That's gotta kill a career.

I read that too. Not sure what to make of the couple of paragraphs about the suspension mods, though it's good to see geometry finally get a mention!

Indeed :huh:

Seemed like it was full of silly techno-babble for "we lowered it etc"....

wow the snapper stuffed the cossie MX5 huh ? That's gotta kill a career.

I read that too. Not sure what to make of the couple of paragraphs about the suspension mods, though it's good to see geometry finally get a mention!

Indeed :)

Seemed like it was full of silly techno-babble for "we lowered it etc"....

The same waffle's being said for the miraculous handling changes on the new Mazda MX5 3.5 .... do they think we are fools :huh:

so they put the ride-height back to what they had originally designed ?

Yep :huh: ...... The claim is they have "re-positioned" the front lower ball joint..... Methinks that really means they have changed the inclination of the lower ball joint :)

Yep :rolleyes: ...... The claim is they have "re-positioned" the front lower ball joint..... Methinks that really means they have changed the inclination of the lower ball joint :huh:

wonder why they didn't do that in the first place :sick01:

When I was at powerstation it looked like they were well into the setting up of the suspension. They had the car on the alignment machine and after measuring all the suspension components and some clever software, mapped out all the angles and positions etc etc. Was a little but over my head though but the general consensus was they thought the roll centres were too high with the standard components.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep :wub: ...... The claim is they have "re-positioned" the front lower ball joint..... Methinks that really means they have changed the inclination of the lower ball joint :blush02:

wonder why they didn't do that in the first place :wub:

One interesting point, the S Special version of the 5 (mark 1 import) has different track rod ends to the remainder of the 5's due to it being lovered and on Bilsteins from factory.

This was done, I think, to stop bump steer.

Maybe Mazda are doing the same for the mark 3's!

h

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread....

I'm really considering SCing my MK3.

BBR seem to have things nailed, but at a cost of £6,000!

I could import the kit from FlyinMiata for around half that, including shipping my ECU to US to be mapped by dynotronics (they seem to be the guys that do it for FM).

What am I missing in this thought process?

I'm a little out of date with the final outcome but as far as i'm aware Cosworth had issues with the ECU so and external ECU seems wise.

The car in this thread was written off by a magazine reporter driving the car for an article on the Cosworth conversion.