Mk2 MR2 fast road geometry

steve b

I wondered if you could advise on a fast road occasional track day setup for my daily driver (38 miles of empty fast B roads a day) MR2? The car has EZ camber bolts all round that offer +/-1.75 degrees adjustment. It also has Tein Tension rods so ?caster also becomes adjustable.

Huge possibilities there Steve.. An "off the shelf" set-up wouldn't be wise to display since there are so many variables..

What i can say is the obvious..... Historically the MR2 is reluctant to turn in so a long castor is wise and since the front is so light, there's a need to manipulate the rear tyres saturation limits, i would keep the cambers reasonably deep but reduce the toe, this would hopefully induce progressive oversteer on the apex?

It's a hard call without having the car on the rig.

Yep get the suspension sorted.... sorry i couldn't help you there.... Then we can tune the chassis.

What is interesting is despite the rear engine and the poor dynamic index it is very possible to calibrate the MR2 chassis to do all manner of things :(