My Dads Hyundai Sonata

juzzyp

Ahh this is an interesting one.

My Dad owns a bone stock OEM Hyundai Sonata 3.0 V6 which goes ok, he's not a modder by heart just an old school mechanic who knows his stuff but it's hard to teach an ex-mechanic the new discoveries I've made about geometry.

He feels (hard to explain) that the either springs/dampers maybe proving a problem on his car, and I've said Tony should take a look at it as I reckon it could be geometry related.

I don't want to upset him by patronising him but I want to help him without insulting his current knowledge of cars, even if some of it is slightly misinformed, I suppose it's like treating a doctor in his own hospital, but he worked in that hospital 20 years ago. :blink: :D

well all cars benefit from a good geom every now and then, plus before the car is aligned things like springs and dampers will be checked so killing both stones with one bird.. (or something like that) who know you may both be right and the geom will need to be reset after springs and dampers are changed as the suspension is going to have changed height slightly due to the old springs possibly sagging slightly.

Ahh this is an interesting one.

My Dad owns a bone stock OEM Hyundai Sonata 3.0 V6 which goes ok, he's not a modder by heart just an old school mechanic who knows his stuff but it's hard to teach an ex-mechanic the new discoveries I've made about geometry.

He feels (hard to explain) that the either springs/dampers maybe proving a problem on his car, and I've said Tony should take a look at it as I reckon it could be geometry related.

I don't want to upset him by patronising him but I want to help him without insulting his current knowledge of cars, even if some of it is slightly misinformed, I suppose it's like treating a doctor in his own hospital, but he worked in that hospital 20 years ago. :D :D

What a nice post.... How thoughtful you are!.... Unless you can get Dad to read through everything here in wim then his visions would still remain.... my best advice is to surf around his knowledge and subliminally deal with the problem...... On that note what is wrong with the car :blink: