Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD

Rich

I don't know, they're a good garage so I wouldn't of thought they'd do something they're not suppose to.

Anyway, the wheels have sold, they're being collected this afternoon. Here she is on the steelies, what a difference a nice set of rims make to the look of a car. She ain't moved for 2 weeks now, I hope I can get up the road on the battery ok!!

mondeo_on_steelies.jpg

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The car is now up the road after being sat there for just over 3 weeks. It even started first time! :D What surprised me though was the battery light never came on, which considering there is no alternator is abit strange! Filled the form in to send the tax back and just gotta start stripping the car now :rolleyes:

They're bloody good engines and even though it's on 191k it could do alot more, just a shame I had issues with the electrics, plus the leak and all the other bits that need changing! :rolleyes:

With the 15" wheels on, the steering felt so light compared to the 17" ones, shame I won't get the chance to see how it corners under speed now.

On Monday I got the exhaust off so that's going on ebay, hopefully it will sell first time as I have no where to store it!!

Also took the rear tubular arms off and all the bolts. I have someone interested in those but he still hasn't got the money so I've given him until I'm back from holiday.

The car had only been on the driveway for 3 days when someone knocked asking to buy it, left a leaflet for me! :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Sold some bits on ebay now, albeit all the small stuff so I'm still stuck with the wheels and exhaust. Really need to shift these now so I have some room. I listed the car at 99p for spares only, so they email me to ask what they want. Someone bid on it before we went away so I cancelled it and put a note saying the car isn't for sale and you're only bidding on a wheel nut. The same person bid again with seconds to spare so won it!! What a :lol: !!! I forgot to ban them from bidding again but I hope they don't start messing me about :D

I basically created a listing advertising the fact I'm breaking the car and to email any queries. I started it at 99p (as it's free to list at this price) and said in the ad if you bid you will win a wheel nut! They obviously haven't read the description properly and bid on it. I sent them a message saying congrats you won a wheel nut, please send me £6 (£5 to post) for it! Not heard from them yet! :lol:

I've sold the rear arms now once I've got the payment and hopefully the exhaust if we can agree a price for it. Just need these wheels gone from the cupboard so I can put the other bits there that I'll remove. I have someone interested in them but waiting to hear back from them.

This reply explains it all!! :( :lol:

Hello , i was o n hury whean i bided on your item , i mistake , i thinked i

biding to buy the all car , if you wont i can pay u the 1 pounds, for the

whell nut , but realy i don t need , u can keep,i dont wont to get a

negative feedback.

i waiting your answer

Bet he was going to ask you to ship the car as well :( Send you a cheque for £2k and you can keep the difference.

No I think he's actually genuine, 100% positive feedback and the address isn't far from me. I guess that could all be part of the scam though, if it is one. Usually they will just come right out and ask that in the first place.