MR2 Track Setup

lockys96

Just wondering if you offer corner weighting?

normal_DSC_1071_[50%].JPG

normal_DSC_1478_[50%].JPG

normal_Llandow_Track_Day_4th_October_2008_565_[50%].jpg

I will at some stage require my car to be set up for 100% track work (all geo work), car is off the road having engine refresh and changes to turbo/manifold. car runs a gt35r turbo which is still to laggy on the 2.2 engine.

Car has Tein mono flex suspension (which needs to be set up, there is minimal roll, and the rear seems to have soft rebound but set to stiff - drag setting)

would need suspension set up for track

geo set up for track

(and would like to know full kerb weight) etc weight ratio

any feedback would be appretiated

Hello and no......

Corner weighting and dynamic indexing is something we will be doing next year, currently our focus is suspension and Geometry calibration..... Point to note corner weighting via coil perch manipulation will not be the way we weight the chassis, so when we do corner weight i won't confess to be the cheapest out there.

Hello and no......

Corner weighting and dynamic indexing is something we will be doing next year, currently our focus is suspension and Geometry calibration..... Point to note corner weighting via coil perch manipulation will not be the way we weight the chassis, so when we do corner weight i won't confess to be the cheapest out there.

but you can still sort my suspension settings and geo for track?

Hello and no......

but you can still sort my suspension settings and geo for track?

Yes... we have some very successful (unindexed) cars out there, so a simple calibration, assuming the car is compliant is not a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread I though I'd add my question to this one.

Is there an optimal ride height for the Mk2 MR2? I know there is a point on the MX5 where you go from a beneficial amount of lowering to a point where the effect is negative, I don't know the technicalities but it was to do with roll centres and these being adversely effected if wishbones went past horizontal due to lowering. Does such a point in ride height exist for the MR2?

My MR2 is too low as far as i'm concerned for "best handling" as on the average B-Road I can bottom out the front suspension with a big clonk and the feeling that all travel has been used far too easily. Stock ride height other than looking far to high i'm sure is a little excessive and aimed at practicallity of driving up kerbs and vicious speed humps, a "perfect / optimal" height must be somewhere? A figure measured from centre of hub to edge of arch would be good?

The MX5 trim height refers to a Geometric table as a guide for the best dynamics..... There's no OEM table for the MR2, only suggestions from owners past experiences.

You obviously need to sort the "bottoming" issue out then find the optimum height that suits you.

Don't happen to know of any suggestions? I have posted on the MR2 forum but these days owners seem more concerned with looks than handling so all the answer you get are "slam it". :sick01:

The low CG is best... I would take it down until the wishbone and steering arm are just off horizontal then test for camber/toe gains-loses on/off bump.

Other concerns are to maintain areas like ground affect and general aerodynamics.