new tyres fitted

Noel

My steering wheel has been spot on since i got the geometry done but fitted two new front tyres yesterday and now the steering wheel is slightly down to the left... what caused that as they didn't touch the tracking?

btw i fitted the older F1's again as they were the best he had in stock...

thanks

Ive had this a few times too.if there is a imperfection in a sidewall would it not be down to the supplier to replace them both ? Or could thay have damaged a side wall when fitting the tyre :huh:

It's not the supplier's fault but they will have to deal with the complaint, just turning a tyre on the rim may solve the problem.

Ive had this a few times too.if there is a imperfection in a sidewall would it not be down to the supplier to replace them both ? Or could thay have damaged a side wall when fitting the tyre :lol:

It's not the supplier's fault but they will have to deal with the complaint, just turning a tyre on the rim may solve the problem.

The older F1's are directional as you know so swapping them left to right would mean dismounting first :lol:

Is this something to be worried about and should get sorted straight away or is it something that i can live with and won't cause the tyres to wear unevenly or any other issues?

Visibly the left tyre has a white ring on the outer edge but the Right tyre didn't have any markings...

Moving them side-to-side is just for testing.... If the steerings straight or down the other way then we know 100% it's the tyres... As for the markings, this explains all> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...p?showtopic=165

Ah ok, i'll do that when i get a chance... cheers

No doubt the tyre bods, if you were to go back, will try and sell you a tracking.

Just my sense of humour :lol:

Worked for me :lol:

...and me...should say I'd rather have a geometry and see what their reaction is! :glare:

No doubt the tyre bods, if you were to go back, will try and sell you a tracking.

Just my sense of humour :lol:

Worked for me :P

...and me...should say I'd rather have a geometry and see what their reaction is! :glare:

Your joking they think Geometry involves folding paper :lol: