Lowriders

Adie

I've still not had my geometery redone after having coilovers fitted. My car is too low for the cameras now so unfortunately it can't be done by "the doctor".

To those who are also too low for the hanging cameras... Where did you get your geom done? I want to make sure that the place I go to know exactly what they are doing.

There is a STS Stapletons in Northampton and they say that they do all full geom with the cameras that fix to the wheel. I'm unsure whether to trust them as they fitted my tyres to my brand new wheels and the wheels were filthy so I dont them to get scratched up..

@ Tony - Do you liase with any of the other STS centres in the country?

I've still not had my geometery redone after having coilovers fitted. My car is too low for the cameras now so unfortunately it can't be done by "the doctor".

To those who are also too low for the hanging cameras... Where did you get your geom done? I want to make sure that the place I go to know exactly what they are doing.

There is a STS Stapletons in Northampton and they say that they do all full geom with the cameras that fix to the wheel. I'm unsure whether to trust them as they fitted my tyres to my brand new wheels and the wheels were filthy so I dont them to get scratched up..

@ Tony - Do you liase with any of the other STS centres in the country?

The clamps won't damage the wheels.... As far as liaise... Nope, there are no STS 'Trusted Centres' in wim other than Watford.... How honest is that!.

If you do use STS then i will write the positions in advance for you if you need them.

Yes please Tony that will be most helpful. I probably will use STS as they are only down the road from me. I think I'm long overdue getting my geom done again as the steering tends to feel very light..

Yes please Tony that will be most helpful. I probably will use STS as they are only down the road from me. I think I'm long overdue getting my geom done again as the steering tends to feel very light..

Can you pm me all cars details including wheel size off-set, suspension height and your email addy so i can send this set-up as a work sheet.

For every ones information in case you are wondering 'Personal' set-ups cannot be displayed since the positions are dependant on the modifications.... if i displayed the positions and someone mimicked them this could be very dangerous.

OK mate. I'll have to do it next week if thats ok though. My car is at TDI at the moment so I can't measure the suspension height.. Is that ok mate?

At tdi :rolleyes: what addition to 'Thrust 3' are you adding?

OK mate. I'll have to do it next week if thats ok though. My car is at TDI at the moment so I can't measure the suspension height.. Is that ok mate?

Racelogic Traction control with launch control :o and maybe some other bits..

Another quicky mate. From where shall I measure to get the suspension height?

Racelogic Traction control with launch control :o and maybe some other bits..

Another quicky mate. From where shall I measure to get the suspension height?

Valid question sorry!... Mid-wheel arch (centre) point to mid wheel (centre cap) front and rear.

Adie, Mark had my geo set while the monster was in...not had any issues, maybe worth asking Mark if he can get yours done

Thanks Mat. I didn't know that Mark could do the geom. I'll ask him when he gets back.

Adie, Mark had my geo set while the monster was in...not had any issues, maybe worth asking Mark if he can get yours done

Thanks Mat. I didn't know that Mark could do the geom. I'll ask him when he gets back.

Interested, how have things gone?...... is the car set-up now.

Not yet mate.. I'm picking the car up from TDI tomorrow. I've not really had the time to let Mark do it as it goes into the bodyshop on Saturday.. Very tight schedule before JAE..

So I'll probably get it done at STS down the road from me.. I shall indeed be in touch Tony <_<

Not yet mate.. I'm picking the car up from TDI tomorrow. I've not really had the time to let Mark do it as it goes into the bodyshop on Saturday.. Very tight schedule before JAE..

So I'll probably get it done at STS down the road from me.. I shall indeed be in touch Tony :rolleyes:

Nod when ready... i will write the positions then Police the procedure though STS..... If they muck up STS will bear the same wrath as any other company! So says wim <_<

• 6 months later...

Still not had the geometry re-done. Now my steering wheel is slightly off line so I need to get my arse into gear and get it sorted. It looks like I'll have to use the STS in Northampton. :rolleyes:

So Tony I'll be in touch with regards measurements etc etc :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...