horror of the week 28/07/08

Tony

The screen shot below is from a car recently set by another company.... Once set not only did it drive pants but it also stuffed the tyres in a few hundred miles.

(Posted twice to enlarge)

post-2-1217271756.jpg

post-2-1217271756.jpg

As you can see every angle bar one was incorrect some of them dangerously.... Ironically one set every angle was perfect "bar one"....

I asked the owner why he excepted the car back in this condition, apparently he was told it was the cars fault since the adjusters were seized and a load of other crap..... As it turned out nothing was seized and one adjuster ran out of range.

Oh and he wasn't given the printout from the company..... what a surprise :angry2:

The screen shot below is from a car recently set by another company.... Once set not only did it drive pants but it also stuffed the tyres in a few hundred miles.

(Posted twice to enlarge)

post-2-1217271756.jpg

post-2-1217271756.jpg

As you can see every angle bar one was incorrect some of them dangerously.... Ironically one set every angle was perfect "bar one"....

I asked the owner why he excepted the car back in this condition, apparently he was told it was the cars fault since the adjusters were seized and a load of other crap..... As it turned out nothing was seized and one adjuster ran out of range.

Oh and he wasn't given the printout from the company..... what a surprise :angry2:

well you have to give them credit for getting at least 1 correct !!!!!

Mmm i wonder if this one had been to "Crap Fit" ??????

That's pretty shocking! :angry2: What type of alignment did they have before then, a geo or 4 wheel?

Full Geo... The Hunter before mine.

Perfect example of having the equipment but not the knowledge then! Good job they found WIM :angry2:

Think other then a very selected few componys.and wim of corse :o have the knowlage to use this equipment.tyre pro/sts in rainham now have a geo machine and anint got the faintest idea how to use it.my mate got a beema set there and he came to me after it was done and it was horrible to drive.it had new front shocks and 2 tyres. And thay told him to put the new ones on the back :lol: the rear only had 3mm left on them and were just startin to go on the inside egde.i put them back on the back and it was 50 times better and we went got his cash back.he had it set at tyre web and is happy as larryl.

tryin to get him to wim was a no go though :lol: got the cash for a 7 series bm but no cash to fill it up :whistle:

That's pretty shocking! :whistle: What type of alignment did they have before then, a geo or 4 wheel?

Full Geo... The Hunter before mine.

Perfect example of having the equipment but not the knowledge then! Good job they found WIM :lol:

shocking that they'd spend the money on a good machine but didn't spend on proper training... :lol:

I couldn't begin to explain how the hell the technician got the car in this condition.... It's almost blind panic with turning of bolts in the hope it will mend it's self...

The fact that all angles bar one adjusted back to the correct settings proved they just didn't know what they were doing.