NOS question?

I'm surprised..... Like i said for some reason i thought the use was petrol only..... I think the reason i thought this was the type of combustion... Ignition-V-Compression.

I think i'm on a learning curve this week :o

Not so easy to add more fuel in the diesel though. You can't just spray some more fuel in the intake like you would with a petrol. I suppose there's no real worry of it running weak, so you could just squirt the NOS and not bother. Not sure I'd want NOS and Propane in my boot, but that's another option...

• 1 year later...

Nitrous isnt an accelerant it isnt even flammable until it breaks down in the cylinder (it needs a temp of 595f to break down ie to set the oxygen molecule free ) its N20 ie two parts nitrogen and one part oxygen you can even put a fire out with it !!

For diesel use they do indeed inject propane and the nitrous is simply a oxidiser to allow this extra fuel to burn , its the extra fuel that gives the power rather than the nitrous.

I'm not sure I would like a cylinder of propane in the boot either but not sure why when we carry ten times that amount in thin walled petrol tanks, i certainly never worried about nitrous thats only dangerous due to being a pressure vessel normally around 1000psi but does have a burst disc if the bottle gets too pressurised

I've had a few cars and bikes with nitrous and its a hoot if used properly , I love this dyno sheet from a Skyline GTR fitted with a small nitrous kit this was done by a company in NZ

hytechsdynolj6-1.jpg