Monaro exhaust transplant

This Wortec exhaust for the Monaro is an absolute work of art in my opinion :D

post-2-1214419268.jpg

post-2-1214419294.jpg

Apart from being a perfect fit the tuned exhaust had one clever "crafty" little trick?

post-2-1214419409.jpg

A electronically operated switch the driver can hit that opens/closes where the flow is directed in the rear box :D .... Basically turning a "reasonable growl" into a "head turning roar"..... I loved it.

In fact the Monaro's sound out did the DB9 we had in the centre today...... by far!

I only wish you could hear it :(

Was nice to see you chaps. Thanks for the pics too! I'll have to get to work on recording the growler so folk can hear it.

Please do, i would love team wim to hear it roar :D ..... The boys and myself were still talking about the build/sound quality half an hour after you left.... then we realized we where right anoraks and need to get a larger input (fast) :(

have a look at this monaro, tis a member over on the supra OC 578bhp 518ftlb, check that torque curve

Harrop supercharger/intercooler kit running 7psi

LS7 clutch.

AP brakes, 6 pot front callipers, 4 pot rears, 363mm front discs and 343 rears.

Wortec full stainless exhaust including headers and sports cats.

Wortec CAI kit.

Harrop large capacity diff cover.

Uprated driveshafts

Monkfish Road Reponse Pac. (poly bushes)

Monkfish/Pedders uprated springs and geo setup.

Rip shifter. (quickshifter)

All work carried out by www.monkfishperformance.co.uk

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery....view&g=1922

pixa inside

You could of took a sound clip for us all to hear :) .....i like Monaros :)

Is it from the black box on the rear of the zorst?

One of these each side. There's the high road and the low road, so to speak. One has silencing...

post-1232-1214424024.jpg

No probs. It's in quiet mode until I hit the switch. Fine for MOT (later on) and all that jazz.

You probably know Ferrari and Lamborghini use automated valves quite like this on some of their current output. Most of them exceed 100dB and cannot do some track days without help. Mine is apparently 92dB on quiet, per Wortec's figures.

No probs. It's in quiet mode until I hit the switch. Fine for MOT (later on) and all that jazz.

You probably know Ferrari and Lamborghini use automated valves quite like this on some of their current output. Most of them exceed 100dB and cannot do some track days without help. Mine is apparently 92dB on quiet, per Wortec's figures.

All of Chesham looked "up" when you left wim today :)

That's one sweet looking zorst B) Shame you didn't go on Monday I could've heard it then.

Will you be going to the MEG club meet?

I'm expecting to be at the MEG meet. I'll be at WiM before then for the polybushes and strut brace to be fitted.

That's one sweet looking zorst :) Shame you didn't go on Monday I could've heard it then.

B) any numbers for the meet... from what i have seen there's little interest?

That's one sweet looking zorst :) Shame you didn't go on Monday I could've heard it then.

So far 9 have shown an interest including me, there's a thread in the south section forum on MEG as well that zetecdan put up.

Trouble is cos the mondeo doesn't have any major issues I don't think many people are bothered.

So far 9 have shown an interest including me, there's a thread in the south section forum on MEG as well that zetecdan put up.

Trouble is cos the mondeo doesn't have any major issues I don't think many people are bothered.

I have to agree.... Obviously we need more numbers to make this work.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the WiM meet has risen to the top of the MEG forum now the Santa Pod bash is done. Hopefully this will generate a bit more interest.

As a second suggestion what about sticking with Ford and considering the Focus ST Owners Club? They seem to dabble with the cars a fair bit. And I assume ST Drivers forum is already invited??

i saw a black monaro yesterday, not far from crawley (reg ** VXR)

what an awsome sound !

cant say that i had heard one before, now i know why Tony gets so excited :lol:

Looks like the WiM meet has risen to the top of the MEG forum now the Santa Pod bash is done. Hopefully this will generate a bit more interest.

As a second suggestion what about sticking with Ford and considering the Focus ST Owners Club? They seem to dabble with the cars a fair bit. And I assume ST Drivers forum is already invited??

Yeah DC had a word with Nick about generating more interest, FMOC has also been invited now.

A ford knowledge day meet may be better, still 6 weeks till it happens so plenty of time to get the word out.

No..... I'm not visible in the ST forums.

• 5 months later...
This Wortec exhaust for the Monaro is an absolute work of art in my opinion :)

post-2-1214419268.jpg

post-2-1214419294.jpg

Apart from being a perfect fit the tuned exhaust had one clever "crafty" little trick?

post-2-1214419409.jpg

A electronically operated switch the driver can hit that opens/closes where the flow is directed in the rear box :) .... Basically turning a "reasonable growl" into a "head turning roar"..... I loved it.

In fact the Monaro's sound out did the DB9 we had in the centre today...... by far!

I only wish you could hear it ;)

I should pop in more often. Some of my handiwork :)