problems with......!

dazz33

Hi people.! well ive got an IS200 sport with "18" alloys....( Tony knows the car well )

well the problem i have is couple of months ago had 1 new tyre fitted ( pirrelli pzero rosso ) had this as the new one in the boot was the same..so both matched....( have these on the front,both brand new ) and i have Nexen N3000 ( fitted to the rear,about 2-3mm left )

Well the problem i have got is that i am getting really bad tramlining and the car is handleing like a pig..( doesnt feel sure footed at all ) its peeing me of something rotten..as i said Tony knows the car well as hes the person i only trust with doing my Geo ( with all the Lexus settings being wrong )( and bad inside tyre wear)..and have hit no potholes at all and hit no kerbs and the tyres are fine.

ive swapped the tyres over ( both front ones on the rear and vise versa ) and still no difference. :D could it be that 2 tyres are directional tyres and 2 tyres are symetrical ? is that the problem? the wheel is straight and the car drives straight and true but just grabs the steering really badly

im also getting a weard sound from the tyres OR somewhere on the car ( cant locate the sound area) when cold like 1 of the tyres is punctured kind of sound a very low sounding thump,thump,thump etc but seems ok when been driven and warmed up. :D ive checked all the suspension and wheels and steering.. rear diff etc but it still does it...

Hope someone maybe might know what the problem is? Tony ? :thumbsup_anim:

As you know small changes in tyre pressure and/or Toe will affect the tram-lining... Although i'm surprised it's the same after moving the wheels.

The noise maybe a bearing, you did hit that pot-hole hard last year.... Anyway if your over my way next week i'll have a look and put it on the new Geo.

As you know small changes in tyre pressure and/or Toe will affect the tram-lining... Although i'm surprised it's the same after moving the wheels.

The noise maybe a bearing, you did hit that pot-hole hard last year.... Anyway if your over my way next week i'll have a look and put it on the new Geo.

Yeah i know Tony its really weird..my pressure on my tyres are 35psi all round... whats best to drop them a bit?

How would you tell its a wheel bearing? ive jacked the car on all corners and grabbed the wheels and moved them about but dont seem to be any play in them....im not a very good car mechanic my dad and brother are the ones when it comes to that..( but dont see them )

On the Zero's you may need to add flex to the sidewall so take 2psi out then test drive. As for the bearing it's a case of spinning the wheel (when the bearings are cold) and listen for a rumble.

ok thanx tony will give that a go. :thumbsup_anim: