Lotus Eagle

Tango

Think I 've just seen my next car :D. Been a big fan of Lotus since way back, and drove a Europa with the Lotus twin cam for a few years. Would also like the Toyota 'Lexus' V6 3.5 engine in my current car. Well the new Lotus has that all aluminium 302 bhp engine in it's new car.......

lotuseaglewa9.jpg eagle2ly2.jpg

Looks stunning.... Is it really on test there with the snow and all?

Being winter tested, don't know where the pics were taken. Should be bigger than the Elise or Europa and hopefully a bit easier to get in and out of (I'm not as flexible as I was then). Need a lot of imagination to envisage what it'll look like without those false panels and covers.

It'll be at the British Motor show (July?). According to Lotus the Eagle will use a composite roof as a stress bearing part of the structure, increasing overall stiffness, while the modular front and rear sub assemblies will bolt onto a central tub. Aluminium suspension components will also reduce the weight. Will have proven race components such as Bilstein dampers and AP Racing brakes.

Should go well with the Lexus 3.5 in it as long as it has a decent gearbox. Hope it's a lot cheaper than the V10 LF-A :D

eagle3hu8.jpg eagle4gt5.jpg