Q for TDiplc

What are your feelings on this as a dynamic track issue? I confess i'm short of track examples at the moment due to the centre but i am torn between "squat denial and diagonal front wheel lift".

Obviously we are talking RWD and my argument "in other clubs" is the squat corner out is very valuable despite the fact that the front camber/ castor and toe will be at their lowest value even at the moment of inertia or transition depending on your language.

Corner out application of thrust... Obviously the car is in a position of lateral transition, as the power is initiated the sprung area will squat lifting the chassis diagonally.

I feel the axle squat is a valuable tool in transmitting thrust, whereas some say to deny squat will maintain steering properties and belay the need for squat?

I'm not so sure.... In my little mind i feel the squat corner out during weight transfer (at the rear) diagonally is more of a gain than the loss of the steering Geometry, in particular the castor sweep.

If you look at series like TA the roll centre and squat surpasses diagonal lift since the lateral force is outside of the steer axis..

I'm agitated since i cannot test this at the moment..... what do you think Sam?

Ok I understand, the science related to this transient situation is just about as complex as chassis dynamics ever gets!

The variables effecting the eventual perfect solution fall in to the fields of geometry, weight distribution, sprung vs unsprung mass ratio, force transfers pathways, roll centres, specific tyre dynamics, net roll resistance (springs plus arb's), low speed compression damping forces and chassis preload.

In short the answer to the "to squat or not to squat" question is the motorsport holy grail, I've got my own opinions on the subject as have other chassis dynamisist's and the one thing we've got in common is that we've all come up with different conclusions :thumbsup_anim:

Why oh why do i get myself into unanswerable situations... I suppose this is a kinematic example of "suck it and see" by test, test, test....

I know cars like Jon's MR2 handles pants with squat and i assume the Elise is the same due to the similar DI... I'm tempted to use anti-squat kits on these but then i feel we may manufacture other conflicts corner in :thumbsup_anim: