WIM Centre Blog

Tony

Glad to hear things are moving along at a fast pace now Tony.... :D will pop down 1day next week to have another look from when i last looked at WIM centre if thats ok with you. :D

Yep that's fine just let me know when....

Ok Tony be good to see it again will pm you before i do. :D ...also got weird problem with car ( have put a post up ) :thumbsup_anim:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are equipped :D

Geometry ramps installed

post-2-1207932479.jpg

Camera tower

post-2-1207932574.jpg

Base unit and target reflectors

post-2-1207932637.jpg

It has 25000 cars in the data bank with live data acquisition on line if needed. And guess what it has the Mazda MK3 data :D

post-2-1207933229.jpg

The balencer and Nitrogen tower

post-2-1207933386.jpg

The printer for the balancer.... This shows all the values for the customer and tells us where to put the wheel on the car

post-2-1207933598.jpg

The BOSS in it's final home next to the stairs

post-2-1207933673.jpg

The screw air compressor (silent running)

post-2-1207933753.jpg

The family in there work positions

post-2-1207933875.jpg

And the two, two posters

post-2-1207933999.jpg

All i need now is the shutter doors installed and the glass for the reception..... Then next weeks it's "tidy up time" and getting familiar with the Hawkeye software :thumbsup_anim:

All i need now is the shutter doors installed and the glass for the reception..... Then next weeks it's "tidy up time" and getting familiar with the Hawkeye software :thumbsup_anim:

Have you managed to get a firm date for the shutter door installation?

The printer for the balancer.... This shows all the values for the customer and tells us where to put the wheel on the car

post-2-1207933598.jpg

I like my wheels to go on all corners of the car please :thumbsup_anim:

Looking good.......progress is wonderful :D

Have you managed to get a firm date for the shutter door installation?

No but my investor is aggressively on the case because their delay is costing us money.... As you can see in the images the metal frame work is in place so there are no delays our end.

Glad to see things really moving along at last Tony.

You have my phone no. so I hope to hear from you soon as my arms ache from trying to drive in a straight line!

I am open to the public from the 21st.... So as of Monday 14th i will be calling all those patient people who have kindly waited for me to open.

There's a huge backlog so initially i will open Sundays.

Did you see the photo's of an Elise and a two poster?

http://jalopnik.com/cars/news/the-lotus-el...ando-212968.php

Think it was Tony that posted it originally on LOC or WIM...

It was here in wim..... Since we are installers for GAS i made sure the ramps are low level, wide body lifts.

Problems i noticed in other places where...

1: Once the car is in place you cannot get out because the pillars were in the way.

2: Positioning the car was critical so that the arms can reach the correct lift points.

3: The lift pads are two high making it difficult to place them correctly on a low car.

All of those issues have been addressed with our lifts :D ...... It's just a shame i cannot get any cars on them :thumbsup_anim:

Tony..what happened to the Hunter GSP9700 road force balancer? <_<

It's nearest competitor is 4K cheaper and i couldn't convince by finance peeps to go for the road force.... Nevertheless this balancer uses laser rather than resistance. The saving allowed purchase of the entire Huwequa? stud balance system. This combination is superior.

An impressive looking piece of kit there Tony !

Thanks.... One thing that's been my nemesis for years is the camera mounting system. In my past the cameras hang from the tyre, so a lowered vehicle is an issue. No such problems with the Hunter <_<

post-2-1208109850.jpg

Tony, that's fantastic news that you're goiing to be up and running tommorrow (14th), I wish you all the very best mate, you deserve it!!

I should be somewhere on your list of "to call" due to hitting a pot-hole in the Lex.........Look forward to seeing the new place.

Keith

Looking really good now.

Are you having an E-Banner created about the opening for people to post on forums, etc.

I've held off advertising you to my region until you were up and running.

Excuse my thickness but what's an "E-Banner" :lol:

hi tony, havent spoken to you really since the mx5 photo shoot day, hopefuly i am on the list as i am due my 2000 mile check up now :lol: are you having an open day on sunday ???

Do you want to book in for this week, i'm not open to the public but operational.... And yes the open day is on a Sunday, this way hopefully more people can attend.