Bike Geometry

Ahmet

Tony,

After my spill on the R1 ........... it would appear that I may also have a very slightly bent fork.

The handbars were straight, and the wheel would be pointing in another direction!

I've managed to straighten this, via loosing the fork clamps, having it resettle the tighten.

However, it appears that full lock RIGHT is about 1/2" more than full lock left.

Do you have any recommenations or advise, once I have put all the panels back on (end of next week) for me to take the bike ?

I want a 'Tony' for bikes ideally ... someone who knows what they are doing.

Cheers.

would it not be safer to get new forks, i had a Bandit 600 that did the same thing, it ended up being the lock stop was bent on one side allowing more angle
I'll do what ever is safest mate to be honest! - Just need someone who knows what they are talking about to give it a complete once over!

Sounds like the forks are bent which is normal hazard for bikes in accidents. Most decent bike repair shops should be able to straighten or replace them.

This is the ideal solution if you don't want the same thing to happen again http://www.bikes2udirect.com/B0954.html :rolleyes:

..... says the man who is too scared to ride the hayabusa ;-) :D

Tony?

I don't have anything decent to offer... I know of rigs that measure the rake and alignment but not the lateral lock. In truth i think that in circumstances like yours the offending component is replaced rather than calibrated.