Exhaust backbox for MX-5 Mk3

I have been looking for a while and can only go off reviews and pictures as sound clips online vary soo much and I haven't been able to see any in person. I have kind of decided one of these two. Which do you think would be best?

NC0-0300_1.jpg

for £360

or

NC0-0346_1.jpg

for 410

Second is classed as the "Race" version so not sure if it will be louder, lighter, more power or not. Is it worth the extra £50??

The twin box will have some flow restrictions.... How about>

post-2-1199207027.jpg

Dual Exit System, M1, M2 & M2.5

£339.00

This modern look is perfectly balanced by the polished back box and oval tips. The M1 version must be incorporated with a Power Pulse or Sport mid section. Cutting of the bumper is required, template included.

So that and its £50 notes more means go for the single box then.

So should I go for the Good-win-Racing or the IL motorsport? I hate having to make a choice! lol

Will the Good-win box need the expansion pipe replaced as well?

Both exhausts are simply plug and play with the original mid pipe so its just to decide what looks best, sounds best, weighs less with best power gains.

As far as direction changes; you cant see what happens inside the single box. It could just bge a T piece inside the silencer but the twin box has a nice Y piece which is why I guess they call that the "race tested" option.

Just on looks alone I like the end tips of the IL and the sound clip online sounds pretty good. Don't know how light it is over stock but not that bothered anyway and the Roadster sport is only 3Kg lighter than stock and I dont like the end tips on it.

So I am going for the Twin exit IL Motorsport back box and now all I need to decide is if the Twin box gives better flow and power and worth the extra £50??

Dont know. It just looks like the Y piece would offer better flow and at the end of the day even the single box option still has to have some way of splitting the gas into two just is contained within the single silencer so more likely to be a tighter angle. IL Motorsport dont offer a Mid Pipe or CAT for my car. The only seem to advertise the Headers and Back box.

Dont know. It just looks like the Y piece would offer better flow and at the end of the day even the single box option still has to have some way of splitting the gas into two just is contained within the single silencer so more likely to be a tighter angle. IL Motorsport dont offer a Mid Pipe or CAT for my car. The only seem to advertise the Headers and Back box.

Good for you..... Are you going to fit it as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...