Exhuast Types?

Rudymanz

u can get that sort of thing from halfrauds but i think they look very chav

I know what type your talking about, but what i have in mind isnt the type they sell from halfords.... i dont want a stick on thing, even something which involves bodywork modifications would interest me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u can get that sort of thing from halfrauds but i think they look very chav

I know what type your talking about, but what i have in mind isnt the type they sell from halfords.... i dont want a stick on thing, even something which involves bodywork modifications would interest me.

Are you looking for a reflective shield to go on the inside of the bumper? (out-of-sight)

to be honest, i dont know what im actually looking fr, i just want something that will make the exhaust cuts in the bumper look a bit better.

I like the look of the heat shield on the mg zr

PM TDi.... A lot of their work involves bumper mods.... Personally i would use a template and a hot knife to make a smooth cut.

to be honest, i dont know what im actually looking fr, i just want something that will make the exhaust cuts in the bumper look a bit better.

I like the look of the heat shield on the mg zr

PM TDi.... A lot of their work involves bumper mods.... Personally i would use a template and a hot knife to make a smooth cut.

Thanks.

Just so you know, i wasnt meaning the aluminium type mg zr exhaust shield, more like the one in this pic (the exhaust picture):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-1-4-3DR-MG-ZR-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 weeks later...

Got the exhaust now, it looks very nice cant wait to fit it. 'Should' get get round to fitting the exhaust this weekend. I ended up needing an addition pipe to fit properly which the company are sending me for free :D so that should arrive on thursday. Ill take pictures and maybe even a little video so you can get an idea of the sound

Got the exhaust now, it looks very nice cant wait to fit it. 'Should' get get round to fitting the exhaust this weekend. I ended up needing an addition pipe to fit properly which the company are sending me for free :D so that should arrive on thursday. Ill take pictures and maybe even a little video so you can get an idea of the sound

Excellent..... Roll on the weekend :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Ive had the exhaust fitted for about a week now. The fitting was a little akward because ended up needing a few different pipes, you cant really call it just a backbox now because the stainless steel goes back to the mid box :thumbsup_anim:

It looks very nice, sound very good and subtle matches my engine so doesnt sound like a corsa with a bean can lol and it feels noticeably better. Im very happy with the exhaust and the company i got it from as they assisted me throughout the fitting process and provided me with the additional pipe work a fittings free of charge :party:

Now i just need to do a couple things like adjust the driver side hanger to sit a little higher and tidy up the cut out area because atm its just a rough cutting, but anyway, heres a pic of it now:

exhaustb.jpg

Thanks mate. Was that same ebay supplier 'zorsts' If anyone wants to try them just say Anthony with the 406 coupe recommended you as you should get a good deal :rolleyes:

It's unusual nowadays a company can offer such a product and support you after the sale.... I like that :D

Thats exactly why I said I would recommend them if anyone asked. An example of their service is; I found out on a monday that I needed an additional adaptor pipe, told them monday approx 2pm, he then had one made up (the parts are made to order) the same day and sent out before 5pm and I received in on Tuesday. He really did try his best to minimise the time taken to rectify my problems, and EVERY time i needed an additional part, whether it was an adaptor pipe, angled pipe or clamps/hangers, I ask how much he wanted for them, and every time he replied saying dont worry about it! top guy!!!

• 1 month later...
I knew that, just wanted to make sure having no mid box was a major no-no lol

I will have my exhaust system made with a removable mid section so i can fit/remove the mid box when needed

I can't see why you would have any problems assuming the Lamda is still attached.

the older 194bhp engine has the lambada sensor on the cat, but on the later 210bhp one (which I have) its before the cat on the exhaust manifold, so my setup wont alter the position of the lambada sensor in any way so i should be fine. Ive now just got to get under the car and take measurements and then order the parts I need :)

the older 194bhp engine has the lambada sensor on the cat, but on the later 210bhp one (which I have) its before the cat on the exhaust manifold, so my setup wont alter the position of the lambada sensor in any way so i should be fine. Ive now just got to get under the car and take measurements and then order the parts I need :)

[/quot

We demand a pictorial once you get going :)

Hi guys sorry I've only just seen this thread. Ok firstly four stroke engines do not need or want any back pressure, at all, full stop.

Sam,

what about back pressure for scavenging? Or larger bores for turbo where the back pressure is not required for scavenging?

Can you explain why your ideas are opposed to, what I understand to be, the generally accepted view.

Sorry if this reads antagonistically, but having trouble phrasing it better, just want to increase my knowledge!

Thanks in advance

h