front suspension noise??

dazz33

Hi i hope someone can help..i have a lexus is200 sport 2005 with ("18" lexus wheels.) .when i go over a speed bump or pitch into a corner or go over a hole in the road i get a kinda crunching scrapping groaning noise... the noise can be worse sometimes than others...had a look at the joints and bushes thinking it may be a dry rubber bush somewhere so used some silicone spray but still have the problem...was also wondering if the shocks had gone but had taken it to lexus dealership and they couldnt find a problem...

really bugging me and any help would be appreciated..

thanx :)

Noises are hard to describe but....Does it sound like a knock, or a tinny metallic sound?...

Hiya tony well sometimes if i go over speed humps the sound is like the underside i.e body part is scrapping on the ground ( doesnt matter how slow i go over them) and also when i pitch into a corner i sometimes...i say sometimes because it doesnt always happen i do get a kinda knocking sound..but doesnt sound metalic at all..i thought maybe the anti roll bar bushes where worn but they seem fine.( to me but im no expert) i have thought about dry joint,bushing so i used silicone lube on the joints but noise still the same....would be easier for someone to come with me and hear it.....would i be able to pop down to you go for a drive and get you to listen maybe?

Noises are hard to describe but....Does it sound like a knock, or a tinny metallic sound?...

Hiya tony well sometimes if i go over speed humps the sound is like the underside i.e body part is scrapping on the ground ( doesnt matter how slow i go over them) and also when i pitch into a corner i sometimes...i say sometimes because it doesnt always happen i do get a kinda knocking sound..but doesnt sound metalic at all..i thought maybe the anti roll bar bushes where worn but they seem fine.( to me but im no expert) i have thought about dry joint,bushing so i used silicone lube on the joints but noise still the same....would be easier for someone to come with me and hear it.....would i be able to pop down to you go for a drive and get you to listen maybe?

Bring her in..... I think it's a drop link

post-2-1196622798.jpg not a Lexus example.... same thing though.

Bring her in..... I think it's a drop link

post-2-1196622798.jpg not a Lexus example.... same thing though.

ok cheers tony when would be best with you? i can do any day morning or afternoon except tomorrow morning but afternoon ok.

Tuesday....... What time?

Hi tony any time around 11 clock would be fine mate..still waiting for my blue flame exhaust to come for you to fit it.. :P

cheers tony.

11 is fine... Or do you want to wait until the exhaust arrives and we do both at the same time?

Hi tony any time around 11 clock would be fine mate..still waiting for my blue flame exhaust to come for you to fit it.. :P

cheers tony.

11 is fine... Or do you want to wait until the exhaust arrives and we do both at the same time?

Ill come down and see you tomorrow tony....thanx.

Hi tony any time around 11 clock would be fine mate..still waiting for my blue flame exhaust to come for you to fit it.. :D

cheers tony.

Ill come down and see you tomorrow tony....thanx.

Ok mate :P